Thursday, May 7, 2009

I see dead people.

I started my new job.

I LOVE IT!! I mean, I really really love it.

"Make a slit in the neck, poke your finger in, pull out the carotid artery..."

sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

I'm on call to do body removals. Nursing homes, private residences, hospitals... even at 3am. I can't wait for the first call. The guy who's been training me jokingly said I'm a bit too excited about this.

Everyone has been so helpful, friendly & I could tell right away I totally fit in. That rocks.

So far this week I've assisted during 2 funerals and am learning all that goes into making a funeral run smoothly for the families we are serving. There is a lot!!

One of the owners asked me on my first day if he looked familiar to me. I said no and asked if he should. He said he saw on my resume that we went to the same university at the same time but I didn't look familiar to him either. whew!

This is all so cool, intriguing and I can't wait to get my hands right in there.

It feels so good to feel genuine excitement again. It's been too long since I've felt that feeling in regards to myself.

7 comments:

KimK said...

so excited for you!!!!!

Jackie said...

Congratulations, Marissa!!!!! Enjoy! Your empathy for the grief stricken has always touched me....I know you'll be fabulous!

Jen said...

Glad you are enjoying it!

Unknown said...

YEA!!! I'm excited for you!!

darcie said...

I don't get your facination but I'm proud of you for going after what you want - I wish I was excited about going to work! GREAT for you Marissa - so great!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that!!! My sis in Texas has been working at a funeral home for several months now doing insurance and family matters etc. She has NO interest in even touching a body!!! LOL I told her it's not that bad once you do it, I have had to do it in the past when I worked in the health industry for several yrs. But she said NO she has no interest AT ALL LOL. Good Luck Love Mom K

AKA "Meesh" said...

I want you to pull my cartoid artery when I'm gone. :) Ima request you. :)