Sunday, June 7, 2009

and so the journey has begun...

I did it. I officially started school on Friday. I took a huge leap of faith in myself that I can, and will, see this through to the end.

As the lyrics of one of my favorite Nickelback songs goes:

Leave no stone unturned
Leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride.

I have no semester/terms free of school until the end. I'm in it. If all goes well I'll be ready to take the state board test to become an officially certified mortician in March of 2011. I will be applying to Mortuary School soon, having just one last pre-req standing in my way. Barring any unforeseen snafu in pre-requisite classes I should be accepted without a hitch.

Wish me luck and please pray for our family as we all embark on this busy, crazy journey together. I can do this. WE can do this.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good luck and I know you will do great!

darcie said...

You are already doing AMAZING things Marissa - I am so very proud of you!
Go gettem girl!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Good Luck Good Luck!!!!! Oh did I say Good Luck. Love Mom K

AKA "Meesh" said...

I'm so.so.so proud of you, Marissa.