Wednesday, September 2, 2009

i'm in.

i was accepted to mortuary school.

i should be elated.

i am.

BUT...

a class i'd already taken,
eons & eons ago,
back when i really didn't give 2 shits about college,
came back to haunt me.

i hadn't done well enough in it to transfer the credit.
an equivalent class no longer exists at my college.

i have to take a higher level class,
an overkill if-you-will,
just to make up this credit.

this class is going to test me.

not knowing i needed it beforehand,
i scrambled.
signing up today,
on the very last day possible to do so,
puts me almost 2 weeks behind already.

this class, a biology class...
this ain't your basic biology 101 class.
this one involves straight up chemistry.
i've never taken chemistry.

i'm taking chemistry in mortuary school.
NEXT.TERM.
see the problem here?

patience, prayers, practice.
one day at a time.
one assignment at a time.
one test at a time.
i won't ace this class.
but i WILL pass it.
damn it.

oh, did i say i got into mortuary school?
i've waited half my life to be able to say that.
{sigh}

4 comments:

Lorene said...

I am so very proud of you and I have a hunch that you are going to rock that class. Because when you put your mind to it, anything is possible. ((HUGS)))

AKA "Meesh" said...

My ass you won't ace it. I know you. You're going to rock this. I'm so proud of you I could slap ya.

Christine said...

This is awesome news!!! Even if you have to take a higher course to make up for what you lost. Lots of time studying and maybe even with tutoring will get you through it! How exciting - so how long do you have to go before you graduate from Mortuary school? I'm counting down the weeks now - only 50 more for me!!

Lauren said...

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!! Be proud very proud of yourself. Best wishes for smooth sailing!