Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Psalm 118:24 says,

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

Today I woke up next to my husband & I smiled.
Today I sent my oldest son to high school.
Today I sent my middle son to 3rd grade.
Today I sent my youngest son to 1st grade.
Today I sent my baby to her 1st day of daycare.

Today we are all healthy, our physical needs all met.
(does secretly wishing for a ruby ring constitute a need?!)
Today I will study & feel blessed I am able to attend school.
Today I will work & feel blessed I have a great job.

Today I see my life differently;
my family, my friends, my needs & most importantly,
my marriage
than I did just a year ago.
Today I am not depressed.
Today I see my blessings, and even my problems,
and I rejoice in them.

Thank you Lord, for this day.

4 comments:

Danielle said...

Praise God! Sounds like both of us are having a wonderful day in knowing our Lord and what He has done for us. There's nothing more awesome!

AKA "Meesh" said...

I'll get you a ruby ring. Oh, and when I count MY blessings? YOU get counted twice. :) I'm glad you were pushed over the edge to make yourself open to happiness. Me love you long time!

Anonymous said...

http://www.yourfashionblog.com/wp-content/uploads/ruby-ring.jpg

I'm proud of all you've accomplished. Keep going - we're heading in the right direction.

I love you

Marissa said...

a girl can dream!

http://www.chictini.com/designer_product_images/0001/0505/ruby-ring1.jpg

http://loosegemstone.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/round-ruby-and-diamond-flower-ring.jpg