I talked to my MIL on the phone yesterday for 2.5 hours. It quite possibly might be the longest conversation I've ever had with the woman. While she cried for a majority of it, it was also one of the best conversations we've ever had. She wasn't crying over me, by the way, in case you're wondering. whew!
Garth & I and the kids put up the Christmas tree last night. We got the tree up, the stockings up, some lights up and about 1/3 of the ornaments before we had to call it a night. The kids will finish decorating it tonite. It's going to be a real joy keeping E away from the ornaments this year - she's far worse than the cat!!
I've always said that I handle big changes & large stressors much better than I handle day to day stress. It couldn't be more true right now. I have a dozen or so little stresses going on in my head that seriously, are making day to day living difficult for me. My mind just races from little issue to little issue and because a lot of the things are beyond my control, all it seems I can do is worry about them, not fix them. ugh. A big thank you to my happy pills that have been making me sleep very well each night. I don't know where I'd be without them. Habit forming be damned.
My 3rd sons 5th birthday is this weekend. I cannot, simply cannot, believe W will be 5 years old. He has brought so much joy, humor, mischief, laughter and love into our family in such a relatively short amount of time. I cannot imagine life without him. Everyone says he's my favorite but its not true -- he just makes me laugh like no one else in my life has the ability to and laughter is so good for my soul. For that I'll forever be indebted to the little shit. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment