Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Lacrosse. T-ball. Softball. Oh my.

If this past weekend was indicative of what our future holds, somebody please hold me.

We had a family birthday party, a 2-day marriage conference, 3 lacrosse games (undefeated, baby!) and a softball practice all overlapping each other. We made it all work, minus the softball practice. J had to sacrifice a practice, there just was no other way.

This week hasn't let up. There's been t-ball practices (2), lacrosse practices (3), softball practices (2), a lacrosse game (1), a play date at our house thrown in there and now E might be coming down with something to boot .... shoot, I think I may be too. Or maybe its just PMS for me. ;)

The next few weeks worth of schedules don't seem to be letting up either. Garth told me yesterday that someone at work asked him how we do it. He said he never imagined before we conceived all these kids all the sports schedules, sports jerseys, sports equipment, $$$$, and as to how we do it? We just do. Day by day, juggle by juggle, carpool by carpool and we've basically given up on family dinners altogether. I won't lie, sometimes this really sucks. Though, the flip side to this is that there isn't anything much better in this world than cheering your son on as he victoriously hits that ball off the tee, scores the teams 1st goal of the season in soccer (pic below) or sacks someone else's kid hard in football. And we get that joy x's 4.

Luckily, the weather has been awesome this week. I've been plugging away at our WHAT THE HELL EXPLODED & KEEPS EXPLODING laundry pile. I swear I run our washing machine close to 24 hours a day on many days. If I wake up in the night, I often switch out a load so that I'm that much further ahead come the next morning (Note to current husband: BEST 35th birthday present possible would be finding a way to hook up 2nd washer & 2nd dryer in our house, even if that meant they were in the garage, but preferably not in the basement). So anyway, the weather has been great and I got out our incognito clothes line and have been hanging things out all week. E has LOVED helping me. I admit, sometimes her *help* really sucks but this week its been fun. She love, love, loves to help pull the clothes from the washer, 1 by 1, and put them in the dryer. She loves to help hang them on the line. Girlfriend has yet to actually master a clothespin so all of her 'helps' end up on the ground. We've been playing outside a lot too, mostly on the deck, but she is loving it and it definitely has lifted her moods as of late.

In other news, 4 pointy little final teeth are making their way into E's mouth. I've been trying to remember each day to put her amber teething necklace on her. Ironically, the days she wears that thing she really seems to be in a better mood. Maybe it really works. Maybe its psychosomatic. Whatever it is, I'm not knocking it. I even bought 2 for myself. Being allergic to most metals (read: as I get older its becoming ALL metals), my jewelry selections are really getting limited. After admiring E's amber necklaces I figured I should get one too. No metal, its cute and hey, if it helps her, maybe it'll help me too. I bought myself a brown one like E's & a green one. Too cute.

More on amber teething necklaces:
Wearing baltic amber is a traditional European remedy for teething. Amber is a natural analgesic and when worn on the skin, it releases healing oils that helps babies and young children to stay calm and more relaxed throughout teething. Amber necklaces are a great natural remedy and can eliminate the need for over the counter drugs.
~ Three Sisters Toys

Where I bought E's:
http://www.threesisterstoys.com/p-25-amber-teething-necklace.aspx

Where I bought mine:
http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/

Here is a pic of E wearing her necklace this week - she actually likes the thing! Hats? She pulls them off. Headbands? No chance. But she wears this necklace without complaint! Nor does she pull on it or put it in her mouth (which is a place they are not intended to go).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great family update!
Good luck with the laundry!
Love the amber necklace. We had two for Max...one has now become Payton's. We defy the rules and they both sleep in thiers.