Saturday, August 9, 2008

ugh. grrrrr. hmpft.

I'm one of the first ones piping up "Girls ROCK!" when someone makes a disparaging comment about boys being awesome and that girls suck... or drool, or whatever gets said. Need I remind anyone I live in a house FULL of boys?!

I love being a girl. If given a choice, I'd choose to be a girl over being a boy any day hands down, because truth be told, GIRLS ROCK. I wouldn't trade these beautiful boobies for nothin'.

There is an angle, however, about being a girl that really bites. Hormones. Irritability over trivial things. Mood swings. They suck.

My moods often change on a dime. I hate it. Half the month I seem ok, the other half, watch out rolly coaster, here I come. Hard to imagine but I hate it more than those forced to be subjected to it.

I went from Thursday down, Friday up, to now Saturday = pissy.

I'm pissy over something dumb that I should totally be handling better than I am. In the grand scheme of life, IT.REALLY.IS.NO.BIG.DEAL.AT.ALL. Like such a non-big deal that it wouldn't have even put a blip on the irritability radar of my husband. Not one stankin' blip.

Part of what I loathe about being a girl is that we tend to make a huge deal over things that aren't even worth worrying about, let alone actually being PISSED about - guys rarely seem to do this. Men get pissed, have a beer, say FUCK IT and move on, if they even get affected by what was said or done to begin with. I so want to subscribe to this sort of guy mentality. If there is any man who can offer me suggestions as to how to obtain this, I'm all ears. I think the only men who read my blog are my dad & my husband though... Garth? Dad?

I'm sure my dad's advice will be to stop swearing so much. Eh, probably Garth's advice to me won't be much different. I think they both tend to get lost amongst my lust for 4-letter words. (sorry).

I digress...

Pipe up, girls. What happens to us when something gets under our skin? Tell me I'm completely off my rocker in that we hear something, interpret it, analyze it, stew over it, obsess about it, complain about it, analyze it some more, internalize it, externalize it, cry over it, sigh over it, bitch to our friends about it, shop over it... why can't we just have a beer, say FUCK IT and let it go?!

I really just need to get over myself. FUCK IT.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. I'm *right there* with you. I over analyze everything and usually interpret it differently and then think too much on that theory and then end up going crazy about it for a few days. ((((HUGS)))) I wish I was there with you now to make it all better. **kisses**

Anonymous said...

Get a penis and narrow your band of thoughts to: family, food, work, a few good friends, sex, sexual thoughts, and recreation. Most would also include sports, too.

Oh, and rationale thought - that's a biggy. Think rationally.