Wanted to hit up Victoria's Secret in celebration of my new juglets.
Decided last minute to look online to see if I could find any in-store coupons to print off & take with me.
Found one, take $10 off any bra plus a free panty. Awesome!
I've had a $25 VS gift card rumbling around in my wallet since Christmas, one that Garth won at a work holiday party. I've hoarded it, waiting until I lost this weight and/or gained a new bra size.
I tried on many, settling on 2 that fit fabulous, even with my slight post-surgical swelling still intact. Ventured over to the free panty section & found a cute pink pair that matched one of the bras.
Headed to the check out, used my coupon and what I thought was a $25 gift card turned out to actually be a $40 gift card (YES!). Paid the difference, $32 something with tax. Not bad for 2 Victoria's Secret bras & a pair of underpants.
Got to my car, glanced over the receipt. Realize I was charged $42 for the $38 bra. Back into the store I went. Explained to college age cashier I needed the $4 (plus tax) difference back plus my $5 Michigan scanning law compensation. She looked at me like I was a huge annoyance, said her register mistake didn't fall under the law and asked, while rolling her eyes, if I needed her to find the manager. I told her politely that yes, my purchase did fall under the law and yes, please find the manager if that would be neccesary to obtain my compensation.
$4.24 price correction & $5 MI scanning law reimbursement later, I left the store, smug.
$81.50 worth of merchandise
-$7.50 coupon
-$10.00 coupon
-$40.00 gift card
-$5.00 MI scanning law compensation
-----------------------
$22, out of my pocket. Sweeeeeeeeeeet.
UPDATE: Epiphany strikes!
Reread the $10 + free panty coupon. It doesn't say, ONE PER CUSTOMER. It reads ONE PER DAY. Oh snap! Reprint coupon. Maybe another one, just to be safe.
Return to VS this morning. Return 2nd bra. Purchase again with 2nd $10 coupon & obtain 2nd free panty. No problem says very cool, and different from yesterday saleswoman. I think my complimenting her awesome shoes set the tone for a flawless transaction.
New tally:
$7.50 panty = FREE
$7.50 panty = FREE
$36 bra - $10 coupon
$38 bra - $10 coupon
-$40 gift card
-$5 MI scanning law reimbursment
-----------------------
$12 out of my pocket for $89 of VS merchandise.
I.LOVE.GREAT.SHOPPING.TRIPS!!!
Ok, so do I push my luck & ask? Will she let me use yet another coupon today, or must I really wait until tomorrow? I ask. She couldn't give a rip. Sweeeet.
I leave the store, elated, now up 3 VS bras & 3 free panties to celebrate the new bod & juglets. No sweet gift card today to help defray the cost of one more bra, but I did save yet another $10 on it and got yet another pair of free panties. All in all, I have to say I still ended up with one pretty sweet deal.
I. ROCK.
** My mom just called. She has another coupon for me for yet another pair of free panties. No purchase necessary. Rock on, Mama! **




11 comments:
That IS a score!!
Now that is what I call a great shopping trip!
Rock on!! That's awesome!
Double SCORE!
Oh, you ARE getting a prize. A cd of good music plus some other goodies. No brownies, though. Sorry.
DANG!! You REALLY DO rock!!
Ok, you rock even harder than I thought you did. I need to shop with you! Here I thought I was a good shopper. Way to make me feel inadequate. LOL
A girl after my own heart! Way to go! Now, I'm off to print me some coupons!
That fucking rocks! I wonder if MN has a scanning law... You're my hero!
you totally rock! i love it - and i need to investigate this scanning law - that sounds awesome. doubt it's caught on in georgia... but some day!
glad you are feeling well and enjoying your new body, boobs, bruising and all!
What a GREAT day at the mall! Now that you are armed with your VS purchases, all I have to say is, "Watch out Garth!!!" Ha Ha!
Great deal!
Post a Comment