BirthMONTH, Day 21:
I received so many wonderful birthday gifts this year. Really, really great ones. I want to write them all down so I don't forget but if I forget one, I'm sorry. Nothing I received wasn't noteworthy, its just that I'm getting old, the memory ain't so good anymore.
Many of my
Ellisa bought me a tree. So amazing and I LOVE it.
Rachel sat up late one night and nominated me for TLC's What Not To Wear, knowing how badly I want to be on that show. Trust me when I say she didn't let the cat out of the bag, I'll be surprised as SHIT if Stacy & Clinton actually show up at my door.
My in-law's and my dad & step mom gave me cash. Cash is always appreciated!
My BFF Anisa gave me a Kohl's gift card. She & I both love us some Kohl's!!
From Christina I got a bottle of wine; from Kristy & Gloria a bottle of champagne. Oh yeahhhh.
My sister gave me a game from our childhood that is hard to find in stores. We've looked for it, knowing we could find it online but what's the fun in that? She found it in a store in Detroit and knew she had to buy it. Many, many hours were spent playing Mastermind in my childhood. We both loved it and can't wait to play it on Thanksgiving. She also bought me a new mascara to try (that's our thang, mascara) and some more Bed Head After Hours hair product. I love that stuff but refuse to pay the ridiculous retail price - she gets it for me with her hairstylist hookup. Lastly, a ziploc baggie full of DumDum suckers in coconut flavor. I love these things. She gives kids suckers after their haircuts and I wanted all the coconut ones out of the bag. She didn't have any left so she went and bought enough bags of DumDums so that I could have a whole slew of coconuts ones. Mmm Mmm good.
Brenden got me 2 t-shirts with our school districts name on it. He knows I love to wear them to his sports activities. One of them is pink and proceeds went to breast cancer research and they sold out fast. He knew I wanted one so he tracked one down for me. What a great, loving boy!
Jackson & Wilson got me the Aqua Globes they talk so much about. I can finally say I own an Aqua Globe. They also got me a really cool plant for the Aqua Globe to water. I can't lie, it is a neat little gadget that really appears to work well!
From Everly I received a PedEgg. My sister said they get great reviews. I laughed when I opened it and realized my kids watch far too much As Seen On TV commercials.
Garth gave me the last 2 boxes. My reaction when I opened the first one? It was morning, forgive the hair & pajamas:
The 2nd box contained a zoom lens. Oh.My.Goodness. !!!!Garth always has a way of outdoing himself with gifts. This year he did it again. I've wanted this camera so badly for so long. I am having so much fun with it and want to take a class on how to use it to its full potential. I.LOVE.IT.
Lastly, my mom gave me her gift last so as to not ruin the surprise. I got a rockin' camera bag that will fit all of my goods. It's uber-padded and a really nice bag. She also crocheted me a sweater just like the one she made my sister that I loved so much.
What an awesome way to ring in my 35th year. So many people did such wonderful, thoughtful things to help me celebrate and I feel so very loved by so many people. Thank you doesn't even begin to express the gratitude for not just the gifts, but for the love I felt behind each & every one of them. Thank you, sincerely.




4 comments:
What wonderful gifts and you deserved every one !!
And check this out:
http://www.spanglercandy.com/order/dumdumorder.php
You can order one big ole box of Coconut Dum Dum's!
Congrats on the new camera. Thats awesome!
My sisters and I used to play Mastermind all the time. I think my mom still has her old 1970's version. It's one of my favorites.
So glad you had a GREAT bday!!!! Just so you know, your NOT old LOL!!!! I am 53 and I try not to think I am old LOL. Enjoy Love Mom K.
Yay!! I'm so happy to see you having fun with the new camera. It really doesn't compare to a point and shoot camera does it! Have FUN with it! I remember you talking about cameras months ago! Happy Birthday!
~Stefanie
Post a Comment