BirthMONTH, Day 3:
Take Brenden (14) to the dr. for something that's been bothering him. It'd been a few days, it hadn't improved so in we went just to make sure everything was indeed ok.
A quick examination, a consult with a specialist on the phone and we were whisked off to the ER. That's right, the same one I spent the day in yesterday with my husband. I was almost waiting for the Candid Cameras to appear.
So, great. I let my kid complain about something for nearly a week and 2 doctors have now sprung him to the emergency room over it. Somebody pass the Mother-of-the-Year award to me. The dr. tried to assure me that I couldn't have known but it still doesn't stop me from feeling terribly guilty. That's what we moms do, feel terribly guilty.
I was asked by The Boy not to blog about the actual nature of the problem as its quite personal and it involves a 14 year old boy. Everything is personal to a 14 year old boy. I will leave it that we are praising God that his health is intact.
I did take some pictures of him in his hospital gown on his cell phone but I'm not sure how to upload pics from our phones to my computer so today's blog entry will not only not include pictures of Brenden, it won't be containing Halloween pictures as well. I'm hoping things calm down around here enough that I'll be able to post our Halloween pictures in a blog entry of their very own soon.
Apparently that wasn't enough excitement for one day. I got a call from the principal of Jack's school to inform me that while he was now fine, he'd had the Heimlich maneuver performed on him at lunch by an aide. He was choking, couldn't breathe, had his hands around his neck (the universal choking sign, ya know) so the aide swept right in and helped him out. I asked him if he was scared and he said no. He said he couldn't breathe and she helped him. Everyone was frightened but Jack. And that was that. If only life could always be so simple.
BirthMONTH sure is bringing us a LOT of unfrickinbelievable excitement thus far and none of its been very fun. Hopefully the upcoming weeks will either be calm & serene or filled with GOOD excitement. I'd happily take a little mix of both.
Feel free to praise God today for our family's health - nothing is life threatening though nothing has been very pain-free these past few days for 2 of my favorite guys either.
And don't you forget to get out there and BARACK THAT VOTE today!! I already did & it felt great. Garth & I high 5'ed when we were done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Holy fucking hell!!!
Sigh.
Sending truckloads of good exciting vibes for the rest of BirthMONTH.
Ya Oct. was a shit month for us too and not getting any better. So I hope for you things turn around ASAP and you can enjoy your BirthMONTH! You have a lot to celebrate. Remember you had goals this time last year and beat the odds!! xoxo
Poor B. I hope that this "issue" is taken care of quickly and painlessly.
((hugs)) for a less bad-exciting birthmonth.
Glad to hear that he is ok, those trips to the ER are very stressful for a mom, trust me my boys had me there a lot LOL. Take care and have a great rest of the month B-day. Love Mom K.
I think it's cute he asked you not to blog about the actual issue. There's a blogging moment around every corner isn't there?!?
:)
Hope he's feeling better and you can get to celebrating birth month!
Post a Comment