
And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I gladly stand up, next to you
and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.
I am even more proud to be an American today. I am incredibly proud to live through this exciting historic moment where millions of people who have felt oppressed for so long can be proud of the country they live in. I am proud that freedom truly does ring.
The following was sent via a Facebook friend this morning. I feel sorrow for those who somehow find dignity in reciting small snippets of the bible, attempting to redeem themselves by casting out-of-context stones at those who don't agree with them:
18: When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king you have chosen, and the Lord will not answer you in that day.
Make no mistake, I don't think Barack Obama is God. He's not MY God, that's for sure. I only praise ONE King. I praise MY God for showing his mercy on this country, a country that needs to open its eyes to the hate, judgement & fear we feel toward one another here on our very own soil. Also make no mistake that I believe God makes no mistakes. Not in people and not in elections. He was very much with me when I cast my ballot & my free will never once battled with my religious convictions. Not even when I voted YES for Proposal 2.
I'm all for scripture. I love and pray to an almighty, loving God. I know where my future lies without a shadow of a doubt. I anxiously await the day I can praise Him right at his very feet. However, I stop short of bible recitation that is selectively picked apart & used for the absolute polar opposite of what it was intended for. MY bible wasn't written to shame others. MY bible wasn't written to be used as a shield for ignorance, judgment or narrow minded hatred that some alleged Christians spew. MY God doesn't hate or exclude any of the children He created. Not even the liberal minded or ::gasp:: gay ones.
Truthfully & candidly, I'm really only concerned with my own spiritual journey & path anyway (ok & that of my children)... and for those who put so much effort in looking down your nose at others, feeling somehow you're above them either by economic status or alleged religious belief (don't be a sheep, don't just read email fwd's and assume they're true, don't believe everything a PERSON says to you because they stand in the front of a church -- they are simply sinning people too, not God), I say take the time to lift YOURSELF back up. That hate and ignorance is holding you down.
Do I think all Republicans are hateful, judgemental people who only spew ignorance? By far, no way! I love and respect many, many people who also just happen to be Republicans. I don't vote straight ticket either...why? Because that would be ignorant. Do I think a lot of people are quick to vote a certain way because the minister of their church, just a person like you & me, thinly veils messages that voting Republican is the Christian thing to do and will somehow make you more Christian? OH YES I DO!!!! It happens in the very church I attend, I've witnessed it with my own eyes, the sheeple nodding their heads in agreement. It was said by my pastor, it must be so. NO!
Trust in God; you can be a Liberal Christian. I know I'm going to heaven to spend my eternity with the one & only Jesus when my time has come, and if you'll meet me there, we can discuss this then, ok?




2 comments:
High fives to you. I couldn't have said it better... "sheeple" .... what a great word that is. I know lots of them; after all, I do live in the south.
marissa you say it so well.... I could not agree with you more.... I was raised Republican and married a Demo and see boh sides and no that I some things are for me on each side and some things are not. I am so Happy to have Obama as our New President!
Post a Comment