Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Wilson.


6 years. Where have they gone, small boy? 6 years ago at this very moment I was panting, contracting & moaning, wondering aloud just how long it would be until you made your way out of my exhausted body and into this crazy world. Just before midnight my life was, once again, forever changed. A boy! My 3rd son.

Wilson, you have been a myriad of challenges and possibly you alone have given me more than half the gray hairs I now sport. Yet you have also provided me with genuine laughter, pure joy and I could not possibly be more proud of the person you continue to grow into. I wouldn't trade you for all the riches of the world ~ the life lessons you have taught me have not only been empowering, rewarding & invaluable to me as a parent, but as a person as well. I thank you.

You, my little Castaway volleyball man, you hold a really special place right in the center of my heart. I was blessed by God when He handpicked you to be my son, I am so grateful He chose me to be your mom. What a gift He gave ME on YOUR birthday!

Happy 6th Birthday, my sweet little Wilby. I love you so much that it hurts. What hurts? My heart, honey, my heart...

All my love,
Mom

9 comments:

Lorene said...

Happy Birthday Wilson!
I absolutely LOVE the pic of him in the cowboy hat. Thats PRICELESS!

Jen said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Almost made me cry...

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Wilson. <3

Lisa said...

Hope you had a marvelous birthday, little man. So adorable.

Anonymous said...

This one made me cry. Happy Birthday Wilson!

Gene said...

Happy Birthday Wilson!!!! Love Mom K

Gene said...

Happy Birthday Wilson!!!! Love Mom K

Chris said...

Happy Birthday. The cowboy hat is my favorite as well. Hope it was a great birthday with so many more to come!