Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December stress is among us.

Christmas cards. Not enough Christmas card pictures ordered. Had to reorder. Also didn't buy enough stamps. ARGH!!! I try so hard to make things simple, being prepared ahead of time to no avail...

Credit cards. Expensive bras. Need new clothes. Have to take advantage of holiday doorbuster sales because I need these things. Credit card bill, not so nice. I did finally find a black bra & a strapless bra (neither easy to find in my size) & ordered them online. Let's pray they fit or back they go like many bras before them.

Garth cleaned the kitchen for Thanksgiving moving my pills into our bedroom. Out of sight, out of mind. I realized today why my head was spinning, my moods were roller coasting and it wasn't PMS. I'd just went 3 days without taking any of my pills. Not good for those around me.

Christmas decorations. I want to ditch 'em this year. I don't want to drag out their dusty ass bins and pretend I like this clutter. I don't. I can be festive without it. I'd probably be MORE festive without it. Alas, the kids want it. Memories, Garth says. Since Mommy-guilt dictates, we will have Christmas decorations. It's probably easier than sitting through family therapy later over it.

Snow. We've been dumped on with snow. Piles of snow outside makes me go from showering & putting on clean jammies to the next day showering & putting on clean jammies. I haven't left my house in 3 days and even though I want to go spend my Kohl's cash, I don't want to dig out my car to do it.

Laundry. Dare I say at this very moment in time, this very fleeting, brief moment in time, my laundry is caught up?! SHUT UP!! It won't last. Probably not even another hour.

My new camera. Rocks. That is all.

My fireplace. We've lived in this house for 7 years and I've had my living room gas fireplace going more in this past week than the entire past 7 years combined. No lie.

My bedroom. The new bedding is here, I love it. I really like the wall hanging too. Paint, paint, paint. This house needs paint. The walls as high as the kids can reach in this house are gross. It's amazing the depreciation your kids can do to a house.

Naps. I haven't had one in awhile. I think today just might be the day to change that. Zzzzzzzzz.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

(((hugs))) Sounds like you need a drink!!!

Jen said...

((((HUGS)))) Sounds very busy and I agree with Ellisa, you need a drink and not out with the girls!

Brittany..Following my Bliss said...

I could have written about so many of the same things word for word! Tis the season to be grumpy! I'm trying hard though to be "in the Spirit"! Hang in there!

Gene said...

You will get thru Christmas, remember what it's all about!!!! Also did you get the bed room outfit you had pictured in your blog? Take care Love Mom K.