Last night I went out for dinner & a few drinks (probably more like a few too many since I had to take a cab home) with some friends. There were 5 of us girls and then my sister & her salon brood joined us and then later Courtney & Mike met up with us too. Sounds like a lot of people but truth be told, we were pretty much making up 90% of the bars population last night. That place was emmmmpty but they did play some great music. Since I can have fun while stuck in a paper bag, I made the best of it, drowning myself in Miller Lite and shaking my groove thang on the not-nearly-packed-enough-to-camouflage-my-Elaine-from-Seinfeld-moves dance floor.
My friend Holly & I got talking about a few people from high school she still has in her life but through the paths of life just happening are no longer mainstays in mine. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well and that made me happy.
HOWEVER... something she said floored me. She said she gave this guy from high school my blog address!! What in the hell, Holly, I MEAN WHAT IN THE HELL?!
I laughed, told her I was going to kick her ass and then laughed some more. I guess I forget sometimes that when I click "publish", my thoughts become public domain. My dad often reminds me of this. Intellectually I do comprehend it but in reality, I don't have a huge following and it feels pretty bubbled here for the most part.
Sometimes when people mention my blog in person I get self-conscious about things I've typed, felt or shared. I don't really know why, I just do, but Holly saying she gave someone my blog address and that they read it, I was suddenly SO embarrassed!!
I got over it quickly.
I laughed this morning as I logged onto my blog, suddenly remembering again, knowing I had to mention it.
So Steve, :::waving wildly::: Hi! Good to hear you're doing well. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I laughed like crazy when I read this. I am still laughing! That is too funny! My mom is the one that keeps giving out my blog address and I keep reminding her... uh, I don't share that with nobody you know. But I think she's just so proud of my writing and loves the stories I share, she can't help but show off. But I have no clue what your friend's motive could be. lol!
How funny! I had this same conversation with my mom this weekend. She gave my address to an old friend. It's nice to be "followed" though...
I'm gonna file this under notes to self...
Post a Comment