Friday, December 12, 2008

'tis the season.

My kids, our tree, their wonder, Christmas 2007:

The holidays.
The parties.
The candle light church services.

The twinkling lights.
The joy of the season.
The REASON for the season.

The stress.
The shopping.
The credit card bills.

The gifts.
The toys.
The "I wants" & the "gimmes".

The jockeying of schedules. Oh the schedules. Some weekdays, like today, I have nothing on the agenda. A whole lotta nada. Other than the constant flow of laundry, I feel like I should be doing something. This downtime feels odd.

Our weekends of late? Crammed packed with parties, get-togethers, festivities, work related & mostly not. A lot of laughter, a lot of fun, a lot of calories, a lot of alcohol & even more exhaustion.

People in town. People out of town. Schedules. Schedules. Schedules. The in-laws & the out-laws (that's what I call my ex-in-law family, in jest & good nature).

Christmas Eve plans, Christmas Day plans, New Years Eve plans... plans, plans, plans.

Secretly, or perhaps not so secretly, I'm already planning our Christmas tree's last day of display.

I love the holidays, I really do. I immensely enjoy the reason for the season. I enjoy shopping for the most part. I love the parties.

I also love when the entire month of December is over...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that photo!!

Kate said...

What a sweet photo!

Unknown said...

I agree!!
Great pic!

The Three Little Bears said...

Oh god, I am so hormonal. this is the second blog that made me tear. I want four kids so I can have them stand around a christmas tree for a photo! lol.

Beautiful!

darcie said...

Lovin' the picture!! WOW! And I too...must now beg the hubs for two more kids!!