I finally took that leap. I went and spoke to an academic advisor. I'm one minuscule step closer to finishing my degree in mortuary science. Will I ever finish, I don't know, I'd like to hope so, but I'll never finish if I don't start. I'm behind in a few more prerequisites than I originally thought which is disappointing but I'm jumping right in regardless.
I have to go in and take a math placement test, hopefully getting to waive a few classes by passing it. I took some of the sample test. I think I'd better take the rest. Some of it was super easy, the rest not so much. It's just a matter of remembering, thinking things through and a little luck mixed in as well.
A friend contacted me Friday regarding a part time job opening at a local funeral home for an assistant. Thought I'd be a perfect fit and gave the owner a personal call of recommendation. I'm to call tomorrow (Monday) and talk to him about the position. Getting your foot in the door of usually family run funeral homes is no easy task. My fingers are crossed on this one - landing this job could be a fabulous opportunity. I need to create a new resume & I wouldn't even begin to know where my old one is. Being out of the job market for the past 8 years frightens me to writing that resume. At least I've been out for good reason, I feel somewhat confident about that.
Life is ok. I am ok. Garth is ok. We're both moving forward, cautiously, unsure of where the future may bring us. Bring us back together? Drive us further apart? We know confidently that we want the other to be happy, however that has to happen. For now we just keep pushing forward... and breathing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
I'm so thankful to have you by my side going through the same thing. I'm holding your hand from states away, and am incredibly proud of you. Hang in there. <3 You are making changes now that are going to give you the future you deserve.
((hugs)) Hang in there.
Good luck! I really want to get my behind back to school soon.
That is great you are going back to school. Good luck with the new job and hang in there!
i am so proud of you. and am sending you strength (just as a backup to go along with all that you already have).
love.
Post a Comment