I could be completely off my rocker but I swear I remember paying like $79/credit hour when I paid for community college. That was 15 years ago but c'mon, its not *that* long ago is it?
Thinking back, I have no idea what I paid for my university credits. I just had a student loan, tuition got paid, I paid the loan back in my 20's, end of discussion. No thought was put into my education's actual cash value. Perhaps if it had I would have tried harder. Sorry Mom & Dad. Really I am.
Yesterday I got the paperwork to register for a state university that is not local to me but has an off-campus location that is.
A 3 credit class. That's all that stands between me & a Mortuary School application.
You want how much per credit hour? $325?
Did I see that right?
THREE HUNDRED TWENTY-FIVE DOLLARS PER CREDIT?
What?!?!!
$975 plus application & registration fees. Then books.
For one class?!
I must really be getting old. That price just blew my mind. I mean completely made my eyes bug out! I don't know how we'll ever put our 4 kids through college when each class costs $1000+.
Sweet Mother.
::off to sell my soul or start squeezing turnips or sumpin'::
Anybody need any plasma?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Wow, Marissa...that's crazy!! How can they expect people to afford that?
I also have to add that it's really nice to see a tiny bit of humor coming through your post again. I've missed that! I know you've been going through tough times. I hope things are looking up for you. You've been in my thoughts and prayers!
That's the problem with easy credit - it allowed everyone else to jack up their prices.
CRIKIES!!!!
That's CRAZY TALK!!
WOW that is totally nuts !!!!!! Mom K
I'll get rich and pay your way through life. : ) <3 Love you girl.
Post a Comment