Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I was wrong.

I have been an angry person for so many years. This year I decided I would reflect on those things, be honest with myself and fix what was fixable.

For too many years I've blamed everyone else for my unhappiness. It wasn't their fault, it was mine.

A few months ago I mistakenly decided in seeking happiness I had to turn my back on the love of my life, blaming him for my unhappiness.

I was wrong.

I want my husband back. I want my family whole. I want to fix this and make these past few months be a stepping stone for goodness. I don't want to move backward, only forward.

I want to still better myself. I want to still work, still go to school, still be the best mom I can be. But there's something new I desperately want to try. To be a good wife. I never gave it my all. I always held back, angry, not wanting to be vulnerable. I wasn't giving, I wasn't loving, I was very unfair with my words, my actions, my love. I was wrong. I see that crystal clear now.

I miss my Garth. I miss my husband. I miss my best friend.
I pray its not too late to rediscover the genuine love, companionship & romance we've both had inside ourselves for one another, too angry & stubborn to show each other anymore.

Please pray he finds it in him to want this too.

Garth, I love & miss you and have never been more sure of anything in my entire life - I want this. I want us. I was wrong. Please help me fix us, forever. You are not only the father of my children but my best friend, my entire life. I want to rediscover those things that made us fall in love, let go of all the bullshit and laugh again with you. I never want to hurt you again. I will do anything to prove how serious I am about rebuilding, growing and making this work, both healthy and happy. I love you - M.

7 comments:

KimK said...

Marissa, you have inspired me..... I don't know all that you are going through but what I do know is God will get you through his. I hope and pray for you and grath.... I pray that the two of you will find it in your hearts to do what is right for both of you.

Kim

Anonymous said...

:)

I hope you two find your way back to each other.


love ya!
Barb

Unknown said...

Marissa, My love. I have never been so proud of you as I am right now. You are feeling EXACTLY how I was only a few short months ago. I'm crying I'm so happy for you. I will be praying for you and Garth; that God will show you the path intended for you both and I know that if you are both solely and fully committed to making it work, God will honor that.

Darling, I'm here. I have been patiently waiting in the wings until you need me. If you want to talk, I'm just a text or call away. I love you. Mad Deep Yo.

E-dawg

darcie said...

I am sooo thrilled to see this post! I do so hope that Garth is willing to give it another shot - through all the tough stuff - those of us on the outside looking in could see some good stuff for you guys - here's hoping that you can build on that and move forward.
xoxo -

Jen said...

Many many ((((HUGS)))) for you and your whole family. I hope that you can find a way to be happy and whole again and that it leads your paths together again. We are all here for you!

Lauren said...

Keep praying and don't give up. God won't fail you. Follow your heart. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Wishing nothing the best for you sunshine. I hope all your dreams come true.