Reality Check = a chance to regroup, reprioritize & reroute. I said that to a friend of mine yesterday. We all need reality checks once in awhile. They are true blessings in disguise.
While I wish the past few months (years) never happened to my husband & I, I also take the opportunity to feel blessed that it did. Something truly had to give and in the time apart I was able to receive the reality check I so desperately needed. A real knock upside the head of who I was, who I wasn't vs. who I wanted to be. I was given the blessing of a chance to regroup, reprioritize and reroute my life ~ off the path of anger, resentment & the never-ending blame game.
I truly now see life differently. I'm not a different person, I'm still just oh-so-flawed me, but I do have a different outlook, different goals and most importantly, different expectations of both myself and others.
I realized yesterday I am falling in love with my husband all over again. I'd like to think he sees how unconditional my love has been and feels it too. I'm in this til the end.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
you are inspiring in your being proactive and accountable, wanting to change for the better and make things right. cheers, to you you, marissa - i am proud of you and know your family is too. xoxoxo
I'm so happy for you, Marissa. One thing is for sure, when things aren't on the right track, life gets bumpy. Sometimes we need a major derailment to get us back on smooth ground. :) I love you, thank you for being there!
Yay You!
Post a Comment