Friday, October 16, 2009

it's ok.

A 56%.

That's what I got on my Unit 2 Biology exam yesterday.

::sigh::


It's pretty much the grade I went in expecting, I really didn't understand this entire unit. During the exam I thought I was actually doing better, feeling ok about the questions. When the computer gave me my automated grade upon hitting 'submit', I sighed. Just as originally expected.

I could have studied longer - but it wouldn't have made much of a difference. I just couldn't comprehend the material. It was like reading an article in Greek and then taking an exam on it - it was still Greek, and I don't speak Greek. I even attended 2 tutoring sessions over it and I.Still.Could.Not.Speak.Greek (or unit 2 of cellular biology in this case).

Thankfully our lowest exam grade is dropped and replaced with an assignment we completed earlier this term. I received an 89% on it so I feel much better knowing that. Let's just hope exams 3 & 4 go better than a 56% !

Something unexpected happened this week though; I didn't over stress regarding this exam. No tears were shed, no cold sore appeared on my lip & I didn't let my anxiety get the better of me. I felt confident I wouldn't do well, knew there really wasn't a whole lot I could do about it and allowed the perfectionist in me to just let it go.

I received a 56% on an EXAM. Yes, it's a bitter pill to swallow.
But, the world kept spinning and moving forward and I'm fine.
I don't have to be perfect all the time, or even try to be.
I'm fine with that. Now that's progress.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Awesome attitude! Now, for me to remember that and cut myself some slack too. You rock, girl!

AKA "Meesh" said...

You still rock my socks.