Wednesday, January 20, 2010

the list.

My (currently tentative) home-away-from-home at school is furnished. But man, there is still so much to buy! To avoid basically packing all necessities each weekend before venturing back home to my-real-home, I am duplicating things I have here so they can just stay there.

I began a list this week and daily I find myself adding to it. Something simple usually, something I totally take for granted on a daily basis but without it, I'd be rather frustrated... say, eye makeup remover. my blow brush. my i'd-have-horrible-hair-without-it Bed Head hairspray. laundry detergent, dish detergent and a hair brush. extra hangers, paper towels, dish towels and face wash. The more I think about it, the more I add to 'the list'. Never mind the fact that I won't even have condiments in my refrigerator when I get there. I cannot live without condiments. or coffee. or so many other things I simply take for total granted living here in a well established household.

B bought me a New Moon box for Christmas. Think small treasure chest type box. "So you can put your makeup in it at school". That boy loves me! Mmmm, Edward staring at me as I pretty myself each morning. An awesome, great gift all around. It's set aside, ready to go to school with me. It's the only thing that's ready to go because I, most certainly, am not.

2 comments:

ali said...

first of all, i'm totally jealous of that new moon box! oh, what i wouldn't give to have edward stare at me everyday!

more importantly, though, you ARE ready for this. and you're going to be great. it will be tough, but you are tougher. no doubt about that. i can't wait to hear how exciting it all is!

Anonymous said...

I can't say it better the Ali!

Best wishes for it all to go by super fast. You are going to do amazing!