Saturday, February 13, 2010

life, as it smacks you square in the jaw.

Dad, don't die.
Dad, don't die.
Dad, don't die.
I love you.

I repeated these words on auto-pilot the entire drive to the hospital.

Please don't die.
I need you here.
I love you.

Yesterday my dad had a heart attack. He's headed into surgery this morning.

Dad, please don't die.
When Grandma died my life was forever altered.
I don't know what I'd do without you too.
I love you, Dad.

Please take better care of yourself.
Please eat better.
Please start walking more.
I know it hurts your legs and back but please try.
For us.
For you.

I'm not ready, Dad, please don't die.
I love you.

4 comments:

Heather_too said...

Hang in there Marissa. I was in the same place about 1.5 yrs ago when my brother had his heart attack. Let us know if you need anything.

ali said...

praying hard for your dad & entire family. much love.

Unknown said...

I know just how you feel Marissa. I have been there many times with my father. I will be praying for you and your Dad. Love you babe.

ryanandjoesmom said...

Oh Sweetie. How's he doing? Are you OK? Sending you big hugs. Hope you can feel them.