Friday, April 18, 2008

Productivity at its finest.

Here comes the sun!

It's going to be a beautiful day! After a very long, cold as hell winter, spring has finally sprung. It actually snowed just last week but hopefully it was the last of the season - although we rule out nothing in Michigan.

I got up this morning, stepped on my still-broken-up-with-but-I-have-OCD Mr. Bathroom Scale and he rewarded me with a just shy of 2 lb. loss. I told him he's still on probation.

Did I mention when I got up it was 5am? I was wide-eyed awake and figured what the hell, I'll go workout. I'd save the cash of paying for kid care, the hassle of dragging along E and just zoom in & out while Garth was still home with the kids. I thought I'd run into my sister as she works out each day at 5am but after a quick scout of the entire gym, I couldn't find her. Come to find out, she was in the shower area of the locker room while I was in the dressing area. We completely missed each other. Next time.

So by 7:10 this morning, I was exercised, showered, dressed and back home, ready to start this beautiful sunny day. I've got laundry going, the bathroom picked up and I've eaten a smart breakfast. My boys are all at school, my daughter is still asleep, I've had a cup of coffee and a little "me" time. I'm telling ya, *this* is the way to start ones day. :)

4 comments:

Lorene said...

I only WISH I had your ambition! I would LOVE to be at the gym at 5am~! Rock on girl. Rock on!

Unknown said...

great job! I was up and at the gym yesterday by 7:15am and I felt like I had a really good productive day. I even thought about making it my regular thing. But then I slept in this morning. Guess that didn't work out too well.

Lauren said...

WTG on getting the gym! I've heard it makes your day 100% better whend you go that early! Enjoy the rest of your day!!!

Allison said...

I am mega impressed that you got to the gym so early. I think I've done that exactly one time. And that was WAY before Maggie was on the scene.