I spent the morning making E's 2nd birthday invitations on my brand new printer/scanner/fax/copy machine that my in-laws so generously purchased for me recently. I think they were tired of not receiving my handmade cards & printed pictures of the kids as regularly as they had before my former printer bit the bullet more than 6 months ago.
I liked the invitations I made a lot but as I was stuffing the envelopes I realized most aren't perfect (I'm a perfectionist). I just took a deep breath, stuffed them anyway and remembered that I'm not perfect (as this weekends food log will show) and my almost-2-year-old is far from perfect either so imperfect invitations represent us well.
I cannot believe sweet bebe E is going to be 2 so soon. Its been a whirlwind 2 years, that's for sure. Our family life with 3 sons & a daughter is chaotic, our schedules are insane, our discussions range from normal to ridiculous and the volumes in our house range from the very occasional silence to ear-deafening decibels.
I was determined to take E in for her very first professional portraits to commemerate her 2nd birthday. FYI, by the 4th kid over-priced professional portraits totally lose their novelty... as do baby books {blushing}. Just as I was about to schedule the pictures, I had an ephiphany and remembered E's sweet disposition and decided that her attitude and my patience tolerance were not compatible to taking professional portraits quite yet. So I took my sweet angel, put her in the pretty play-dress-up dress Grandma made for her - what she would have worn in her professional portraits anyway - and decided I'd just do them myself. If it was a horrible experience, at least I was saving some photographer a little grief...and some cash for myself as well.
E did fine. I won't say great, I won't say terrible. She isn't exactly the most cooperative subject to photograph but after I talked her into playing chase with me, she ran around our entire house 3 times before she gave me the "all done" in both sign language & attitude. Below is the pic that will accompany her invitations - the printed versions have her name, the year and that its her 2nd birthday. The grass clumps in our yard? Just chalk those up to a little bit more of our imperfections around here -- as well as the color seems off on my monitor right now too.
I liked the invitations I made a lot but as I was stuffing the envelopes I realized most aren't perfect (I'm a perfectionist). I just took a deep breath, stuffed them anyway and remembered that I'm not perfect (as this weekends food log will show) and my almost-2-year-old is far from perfect either so imperfect invitations represent us well.
I cannot believe sweet bebe E is going to be 2 so soon. Its been a whirlwind 2 years, that's for sure. Our family life with 3 sons & a daughter is chaotic, our schedules are insane, our discussions range from normal to ridiculous and the volumes in our house range from the very occasional silence to ear-deafening decibels.
I was determined to take E in for her very first professional portraits to commemerate her 2nd birthday. FYI, by the 4th kid over-priced professional portraits totally lose their novelty... as do baby books {blushing}. Just as I was about to schedule the pictures, I had an ephiphany and remembered E's sweet disposition and decided that her attitude and my patience tolerance were not compatible to taking professional portraits quite yet. So I took my sweet angel, put her in the pretty play-dress-up dress Grandma made for her - what she would have worn in her professional portraits anyway - and decided I'd just do them myself. If it was a horrible experience, at least I was saving some photographer a little grief...and some cash for myself as well.
E did fine. I won't say great, I won't say terrible. She isn't exactly the most cooperative subject to photograph but after I talked her into playing chase with me, she ran around our entire house 3 times before she gave me the "all done" in both sign language & attitude. Below is the pic that will accompany her invitations - the printed versions have her name, the year and that its her 2nd birthday. The grass clumps in our yard? Just chalk those up to a little bit more of our imperfections around here -- as well as the color seems off on my monitor right now too.
Other pics I took that same morning that didn't make the cut:
(click to make them larger)

The picture I didn't use but thought actually represented her personality the very best?








6 comments:
OMG I don't know what's cuter the dress or her!!! I love all the pic esp. the last one! She sure has grown into a toddler. I am so sorry to say she is no longer a baby!!! Too cute! Her face is just so priceless. I want to eat her up!!!!!!
Now can her grandma make a dress for me! lol
super cute!!!
The one of E sitting is priceless!
Look at that sweetie! I love the last one the most, I think.
How ADORABLE! Happy birthday Miss E!
Love, love love them and her!!!!!
Post a Comment