A mom friend at my sons school had on the cutest shirt today. That Brooke, who newly reads my blog, she cracks me up. We need to get together for drinks, perhaps as soon as Katie spews forth her new male spawn - and most definitely over the summer. I digress, she had on a really cute shirt today.Anyway, it got me thinking. I have a Macy's $18 merchandise credit from Christmas ($18, not $16 as previously thought, Brooke!) and $250 in gift cards from Christmas that I've hoarded all this time because I didn't want to buy anymore "fat clothes" for myself and knew/hoped I'd need smaller clothes this summer.
This past weekend I pulled out all of my pants/shorts/capris from last summer and wow, although all size 14, I had a lot of them! {blushing} Its with great excitement that I announce to the world I am definitely no longer wearing the same size pants as the average US woman. Having never considered myself average before, I'm elated to no longer have any affiliation with anything average.
I washed on hot & dried each item from last year and tried them on again. A few fit ok for now, but all were technically too big, some were really too big. Like so-big-I-wonder-how-they-ever-fit-me big. I did find some 12's in the bunch that I know must have been too small last summer and they fit "ok". I'm feeling pretty darn accomplished knowing I'll be walking into Macy's today pretty much looking at 10's.
Shirt size? From a XL (and even some XXLs from Target) to... get this.... MEDIUMS! You go!
My DD bras are now basically a joke. I feel like a little girl wearing her moms bras right now but what the heck am I supposed to do?! I'm not going to go buy new bras now, just to have 2 breast surgeries in the upcoming months, that just seems silly. So, for now, I look like I'm wearing someone elses underclothes. That feels pretty.
Wish me luck, I'm venturing out. Just for a few things as I still have 20+ lbs to go but I know I'll feel great with just a few new, smaller, articles of clothing to get me by right now. As of today, my lowest weight yet, I am 7 lbs. away from scheduling my surgery!
--------------------------
UPDATE: 4 pairs of capris, 5 shirts & a new (smaller!) belt -- all in size 10s & mediums!! YAY!!




4 comments:
YOU.GO.GIRL!! I am so excited for you! Happy too!
SO SO SO happy (and jealous) for you!!!! YOU ROCK and so deserve a new wardrobe in your tiny size!
Why wait until summer for the drinks when you have a perfectly good designated driver? DUH. I bought the shirt in turquoise, by the way. (Brooke gave me your blog link....)
I am so glad my shirt could "inspire" you to buy new clothes! Congratulations on the smaller size. By the way, I agree with Katie, let's go out soon...she's a great driver!
Post a Comment