I've had a bad history with cameras. My very first 35mm camera came up missing after a birthday party in my own home. It either got inadvertently thrown away or someone within my own circle of family/friends took it for their own.
Our first digital camera worked great. It was huge but took great pictures. For a while. Within a years time, the pictures started turning out darker & darker no matter what setting we tried.
Our second digital camera worked great at first too. Still huge, it just lost its zest for taking great pictures after only a short time.
As a surprise, Garth bought me a (much smaller!) new digital camera for Christmas last year. I've loved this thing, I've dropped this thing, I've had this thing repaired. Alas, I'm falling out of love with it, as with the predecessors before it. None of these cameras were exactly low-end cheap models either.
Why can't I get a camera that takes great pictures? Crisp, clear, bright? Why does my camera take grainy pictures despite what setting I use? Why are the pictures dark & gloomy no matter what the light? Am I just doomed in the camera department?
Our first digital camera worked great. It was huge but took great pictures. For a while. Within a years time, the pictures started turning out darker & darker no matter what setting we tried.
Our second digital camera worked great at first too. Still huge, it just lost its zest for taking great pictures after only a short time.
As a surprise, Garth bought me a (much smaller!) new digital camera for Christmas last year. I've loved this thing, I've dropped this thing, I've had this thing repaired. Alas, I'm falling out of love with it, as with the predecessors before it. None of these cameras were exactly low-end cheap models either.
Why can't I get a camera that takes great pictures? Crisp, clear, bright? Why does my camera take grainy pictures despite what setting I use? Why are the pictures dark & gloomy no matter what the light? Am I just doomed in the camera department?
I've tried every setting: auto, indoors, outdoors, portrait, micro, macro, flash on, flash off, flash auto....name it, I've attempted it.
I envy other peoples pictures of their children. Minute details recorded forever. Freckles stand out and demand someone take notice. Precise edges and vivid coloring. The pictures taken in my house all look like we live in a dark dungeon despite all the windows & natural light that abounds here. Sigh.
I'm not interested in taking a photography class. I want my camera to do most of the work. Does such a camera exist?
I lightened all of these of E, taken today, on my computer. Most still seem dark, grainy, fuzzy, and ultimately, disappointing.
I envy other peoples pictures of their children. Minute details recorded forever. Freckles stand out and demand someone take notice. Precise edges and vivid coloring. The pictures taken in my house all look like we live in a dark dungeon despite all the windows & natural light that abounds here. Sigh.
I'm not interested in taking a photography class. I want my camera to do most of the work. Does such a camera exist?
I lightened all of these of E, taken today, on my computer. Most still seem dark, grainy, fuzzy, and ultimately, disappointing.



Ok, so this one did come out ok.
Man she's adorable.
I could just put gravy on her & sop her up with a biscuit.




4 comments:
You use PSP, right? Try this: Adjust > Photo Fix > Digital Camera Noise Removal Play around with the settings and see what you like. It helps my pictures in situations like that.
And yes, she's cute enough to eat!!
I don't know, she sure doesn't look like there's anything wrong with your camera to me....and yes, she should be sopped up and eaten. I know JUST what you mean. :-D
Is your camera now a digi SLR? I covet one of those....with a couple of lenses with it too. Once I get one of those, I can REALLY scrapbook again. It's hard scrapping now with all the mostly crappy pics my camera takes.
A lurker here but if you can save up bite the bullet and get a digiSLR. I bought a D40 last summer and LOVE it and you don't have to be a pro to use it. You can get kids from reputable online dealers like Buydig.com, Abesofmaine.com or http://www.bhphotovideo.com/.
Stefanie (a former MittMom from long long ago)
I came back to say that she is so stinkin' cute! I saw a link of a few old Mitt Moms MySpace pages, and saw Ellisa's link and read there and then saw yours. :)
I figure for spending a couple hundred on a point and shoot that a couple hundred more makes the SLR worth it. Plus no delay in the point that you click down the button to take the picture (unlike the point and shoot ones). And it grows with you over the years because you can add lenses etc.
You have the perfect model! You can bite the bullet. :D You'll never regret it. I was soooooooo concerned about the price too but I'm so glad we did!
Post a Comment