It was time to accept the inevitable. My long locks had seen better days. Out with the old... er, dead actually.
I've always had great hair. Even with about 50% of the thickness I'm used to, no thanks to one of the downsides of weight loss, I still have pretty awesome hair. I don't have the prettiest face but I do have some damn fine hair. Regardless, the time had come to admit my hair was beginning to resemble hay, was getting really hard to comb through and you can only wear your hair in so many ponytails before you realize its sort of dumb to hang on to something that really needs to go. (hmmm, sort of like a few posts back... to which I've still heard no reply. Anyone see my face? Its blue. No really its not. I'm hurt but I'm ok. Really.)
Today I had a haircut appointment. I asked my sister to surprise me. Just cut it cute and cut off what clearly should no longer be there.
I'll miss my long, luscious locks but it does feel far more soft & manageable now and its just hair, it grows. I hope I'm able to keep it a little healthier for awhile. Well, until I feel the strong urge for more highlights up in there... who can resist a little bleach now & again anyway?!

I've always had great hair. Even with about 50% of the thickness I'm used to, no thanks to one of the downsides of weight loss, I still have pretty awesome hair. I don't have the prettiest face but I do have some damn fine hair. Regardless, the time had come to admit my hair was beginning to resemble hay, was getting really hard to comb through and you can only wear your hair in so many ponytails before you realize its sort of dumb to hang on to something that really needs to go. (hmmm, sort of like a few posts back... to which I've still heard no reply. Anyone see my face? Its blue. No really its not. I'm hurt but I'm ok. Really.)
Today I had a haircut appointment. I asked my sister to surprise me. Just cut it cute and cut off what clearly should no longer be there.
I'll miss my long, luscious locks but it does feel far more soft & manageable now and its just hair, it grows. I hope I'm able to keep it a little healthier for awhile. Well, until I feel the strong urge for more highlights up in there... who can resist a little bleach now & again anyway?!





12 comments:
It looks awesome!! Very nice :)
It looks healthy as shit to me!!!
(I'm getting a couple inches off tomorrow - wish me luck!)
looks great! I love it!
Ohhh, I like it! Great color!
I have one of those a-line bobs. I freakin' hate it and am growing it out already. LOL! 43, and still fucking around with my stupid hair. And stupid hair clips! WTF is up with THAT?!
it's not that short! I like it!
i love it! i have an appt. to get my hair chopped off soon too and can not wait!
i LOVE it! it looks fantastic. you're just so damn pretty!! i change my hair cut about every 6 weeks. had it down to my shoulders & hacked it back off. i just can't deal with long hair (and by long i mean past my chin!)
I like it, looks great!
It looks great! The color is gorgeous and the length frames your pretty, skinny face just perfectly.
p.s. I've got 10 years on you, my Strawberry-haired angel, this is why you don't know my music. LOL!
NKOTB indeed!
Love the haircut! And the picture of the baby fish! (Maybe that was the other post, can't remember, just got caught up on everything today.)
PS. Are you selling babies? Because if that's what your plan is for Christa, I'd like to be in line for your program.
The only part of your whole post I disagree with is the "I may not have a pretty face".....um, you're gorgeous inside and out.
The new haircut does look lovely. :)
Post a Comment