Friday, September 12, 2008

friends, paint & laundry.

Last night I went out to dinner with 2 moms I met at preschool, Katie & Brooke. We meant to go out over the summer but I had my surgery, Katie had a baby... life just has a way of getting in the way.

Dinner was a lot of fun. We went to the italian restaurant Bravo, had great food, great drinks and a lot of laughter. Often I forget how nice it is to just step away from the mom & wife role and just be a friend for a few hours. I'm grateful they asked me to join them and hope we can do it again soon...maybe with a designated driver (aka Big Daddy Taxi) & a lot more cocktails. Next time I hope to ask Anisa to join us, it would be a really fun 4-some to hang out with. So Katie & Brooke, since I know you read my blog - thank you for inviting me and please ask again soon!!! And Anisa, since I know you also read my blog - you're going to have to join us next time, it'll be a great group for us! (Anisa & I are always looking for equally cool & fun people to hang with).


Moving on to paint...

I've got paint sample cards taped to the walls. I loved the 3 colors I chose in the store and out in natural light but hanging on my dining room wall they do look kind of dark. I want deep, rich color but I don't want my house to become a dark dungeon either. I think we'll have to just buy a sample of the actual paint and toss a little on the walls to see if we like it. We really need to do this, and soon. Our house needs the touch up but man, its feels like its going to be a lot of work. Ugh. I'm too lazy for all of this - can't we just write a check, go out of town for a weekend and come home to a freshly painted house with all the furniture back neatly in place? If so, vacuum behind the furniture before you put it back in place Mr. House Painter, ok?


Laundry...

Laundry, oh laundry. Do you ever end? If I searched the word laundry in my blog it quite possibly could come up more times than any other word mentioned. Boobs or juglets would follow right behind most likely. My use, or overuse, of the word laundry is a direct result of my being daily immersed up to my elbows on an all day, every day basis. It frickin' NEVER ENDS! I will get caught up, breathe and then boom, the teenager dumps more than a loads worth on the floor that he's kept hidden in his lair.

Kitchen towels & little boy underpants. I could do full loads daily of just those 2 things. What the hell is up with that?! Don't ask, I don't understand it either.

As I type I've got 2 couch throw pillows washing trying to get blue pen scribbles off them thanks to Everly's budding artistic abilities. Why I even bother I'll never know. They've been washed so many times its embarrassing & the seams in all of them are coming unraveled. You'd think we were living with college hand-me-down furniture instead of the rather expensive but still coming-apart-at-the-seams furniture we bought new just a few years ago at The Pilgrim House.

Kids. Can't live with 'em if you want nice things, can't live without 'em without getting the police involved.

Trivia: Did you know a family of 6 can each wear 1 pair of jeans a day and the next day that equals an entire load of laundry? Not to mention the other pants, shirts, undershirts, underpants, socks, pajamas, dishtowels, bath towels, sheets, blankets, football uniforms, soccer uniforms, cloth diapers (though not lately, admittedly I've gone off the lazy deep end & we're currently filling up landfills faster than Garth can clean them up) and written on throw pillows. See a pattern to my life here? It NEVER ENDS!



Happy Weekend, beloved blog readers.
I'm off to change out the LAUNDRY.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I feel your pain with the laundry thing. It does seem never-ending and I'm wondering just when these other people in my house wear all these extra outfits that seem to come through, when I don't remember seeing them on them. Brian is the biggest culprit for that. Anyway though, glad you had a great time out with friends and I hope you find the perfect paint colors! Have an awesome weekend!

Anonymous said...

Dinner was fun! I find that when I make the time to go out with friends, I leave wondering why I don't do it more often? Let's do it again soon with Anissa!

By the way, don't be afraid of color. I love, love, love my dark dining room (although it still needs window treatments). Come on over and see it!