
::sigh:: Another new year, another new weight.
I was doing so well too. ::bigger sigh::
My surgeries last June & September threw off my gym routine. My recovery process threw it off further. My abs & core still aren't ready for it, they have more healing to do still. Still?! Unbelievable. When the Dr. said a year, apparently he wasn't joking.
My weight was fantastic for so long too. I was maintaining. Maintaining is good.
Then my birthday. 2 weeks later, Thanksgiving. Then the holiday parties began. Christmas, then New Years. Lots of food, even more alcohol.
The scale. Oh, the scale.
The scale still reflects a huge weight difference from last years New Years Day. Enough to be extremely proud of myself for what I accomplished in 2008.
However I'm still not where I want to be.
I'm not sure I'll ever be where I really want to be.
Such is the life of being a woman.
Especially a woman who really loves beer.
And food.
As of Jan. 1's weight, I want to lose 15 lbs.
Hmm, better yet, maybe 20 for good measure.
That sure feels a whole lot easier than my 2008 resolution of a 50 lb. loss. That sounded daunting. But, I accomplished it. Then gained some back but hey, I DID accomplish it.
Back on the wagon I've been since January 2nd, with food at least. With my upcoming surgery in a few days the exercise thing is still off by the wayside. No use fighting the new years resolution folks at the gym. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. I'll be ready by Feb. 1st since its a relatively easy procedure. Yeah yeah, another surgery. I'm not addicted to this, it's a repair to a complication I experienced post-surgery in September - a corrective one this time, not exactly a fun one. It's a far cry from the rhinoplasty I really want done next, that's for sure. Addicted to plastic surgery? Who? No, not me. Just a really big fan, that's all.
So here I go back to coconut oil, wheat grass juice, black beans, brown rice, grilled chicken breasts, green vegetables, sweet potatoes, almonds... kissing goodbye copious amounts of beer, bread, basically anything white, processed or filled with sugar.
Goodbye yummy foods, Hello smaller ass!




6 comments:
Good luck, Honey! Thanks for your support!
I forgot to weigh myself this morning so I know where I'm starting from. I gotta do that tomorrow. I think I'm around 162.
::sigh:: Here we go!
You can do it!
Congratulations on accomplishing your 2008 goal, not many people do, so feel proud of yourself. Just think how easy this year will be compared to it. I have never had a taste for beer, but I am trying to give up the soda (Dr. Pepper is my big weakness) this year. Good luck with the surgery, sending good thoughts your way!
You did awesome last year and I know you'll do awesome this year!!
20lbs will slide off you babe!!!
I ditto Christa. You're an amazing chica, I have total faith. Dammit that we have to do it all-by-our-fargin-selves. I <3 (Marissa)2009! 20lbs or not, you're stunning. Here's to self-inflicted-improvement! ::clink::
You can do it, we can all do it together!! We can toast with some wheatgrass juice next time we get a chance to hang out!
Post a Comment