Thursday, April 2, 2009

nothing really new to report...

...other than I did get the part time assistant position at a funeral home and I'll be starting school in June. I have a few different option angles as to how I'll handle finishing school, neither sound fun but are probably doable, though both challenging as hell. I guess getting a job & starting school are both pretty new things.

My friend Lisa asked me to explain why I'm choosing the particular career field that I am hoping to enter. There's not a lot to it other than I've always been fascinated by death. It goes hand-in-hand with my fascination over what happens to us after we die. I believe in God, His son Jesus and that I will go to heaven when this trial of a life is over... but even with that firm belief I am still perplexed as to what exactly that means or encompasses but I guess that's another story for another time.

Death absolutely doesn't scare me. It intrigues me. The entire *art* of preparing a body for burial/cremation completely fascinates me. Some crazy stuff goes on behind closed doors to get people presentable - and I can't wait to be a part of it!

Morbid? Maybe. We all have to be interested in something I suppose. At least I know this is a job market that is recession-proof. In good economic times and in bad, people will continue to die.

2 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Ah, I hope you maintain this excitement! We need more people like you. I know of someone who went into the field as well and loved it. It wasn't until she had to dress a child that she was shaken to her knees in tears. Otherwise, she still loves it!

Good luck!

leigh in the sav said...

you're fucking awesome and you can so do this!