When people ask me what happened
I say I'm really not sure
I know I wept & asked God
how much more I'd endure
I asked Him if He felt the urge
To let my anger go
To show me there's a better path
A different way to grow.
I begged I prayed I asked again
Depression, God, why me?
The pain the sorrow all the tears
Why burden this on thee?
For years the hole just grew
so deep and dark and big
I had no idea how to get out
So I just learned how to dig.
One night I prayed real hard
My dreams, so very bad
I awoke confused & with a start
but GONE was the sadness I'd had.
Its never come back
I try to explain
I finally feel hope
never once I'll complain.
I love this man Garth
but I'd lost my way
I thank my God
each & every day...
Thank you God
for bringing him back
for second chances &
forgiving all that I lack
I vow to you both
to never forget
Unconditional love
& 2nd chances you get.
So what happened to me?
I don't really know
but I'm convinced of His light
& now letting it show.
--Marissa--
I say I'm really not sure
I know I wept & asked God
how much more I'd endure
I asked Him if He felt the urge
To let my anger go
To show me there's a better path
A different way to grow.
I begged I prayed I asked again
Depression, God, why me?
The pain the sorrow all the tears
Why burden this on thee?
For years the hole just grew
so deep and dark and big
I had no idea how to get out
So I just learned how to dig.
One night I prayed real hard
My dreams, so very bad
I awoke confused & with a start
but GONE was the sadness I'd had.
Its never come back
I try to explain
I finally feel hope
never once I'll complain.
I love this man Garth
but I'd lost my way
I thank my God
each & every day...
Thank you God
for bringing him back
for second chances &
forgiving all that I lack
I vow to you both
to never forget
Unconditional love
& 2nd chances you get.
So what happened to me?
I don't really know
but I'm convinced of His light
& now letting it show.
--Marissa--




3 comments:
it is a wondrous thing to have gotten to know you during this time in your life. you're inspiring others, fulfilling yourself and realizing your dreams. beautiful. i am so proud of you!
a beautiful and moving tribute to the journey you and Garth have endured. Going through the exact same thing, I understand the emotions you captured so well here. And the emotions you continue to feel each day. I'm constantly moving deeper in love the God and the man who forgave me and loved again. ((hugs))
Marissa, though our paths may be turning different corners, we're headed toward the same results. I'm so proud of you!! I'll always be thankful you are a part of my life. I'm so happy for you and your beautiful family!
Post a Comment