Friday, March 5, 2010

a new beginning.

I've arrived. I've schlepped all my belongings up to my compartment (compact + apartment = compartment). I've unpacked.

I've registered for classes. I've now filled out a million forms, signed my life away, paid an exorbitant amount of money for this venture in tuition, rent, school supplies... it feels like its never going to end.

I went the wrong way on the drive to school this morning. I knew almost immediately that I was turned around but decided I had the time, I'd just see where this road took me. Happily I found an Old Navy, Kohls, Sams, JoAnn Fabrics.... so happy that I just had to give Old Navy a minute of my time.

After registration I went to Target for odds & ends. Got back to my compartment, read over my schedule & realized there's some things I left at home ...but they'll just have to wait a week.

After Target, I turned the wrong direction and ventured quite a ways wondering where the hell I was. I knew eventually I'd find my way home and I did. The one thing I have yet to see in all my driving today is a freakin' grocery store. I have food but I need some refrigerated things that I didn't bring with me. Tomorrow I'll head out again to find one and hopefully once again find my way back here. I'm going to hit my new gym too.

So far so good. I have about 15 books for my 12 classes.... that's 12 classes this TERM. Sweet mother. My poor backpack. My poor back.

I can't think of Garth or the kids without choking up. Two administrators asked about them at registration. My voice cracked both times. It'll get better {I hope}. I miss you guys madly and will see you soon.

But for now I'll take advantage of the silence... by taking a nap.

3 comments:

darcie said...

Marissa I am soo proud of you for going for your dream - it's not going to be easy per se - but time flies soo fast - you'll be done - and home - in no time flat -
and you'll have a career that you love -not a J.o.B like some of us do!
xoxo

Britta said...

I've never commented before but wanted to tell you that you inspire me and I wish you much luck!!

Garth said...

we miss you, too.