Monday, October 13, 2008

running in different circles.

November 2007 ----->

The people who are mainstays in my life don't really see my weight loss anymore. Don't feel bad, neither do I.

Today I ran into someone I haven't seen in many months. I was working in the copier room at the elementary school, heard a voice that was familiar, turned around and said hello. She looked at me blankly, did a double take and said, "Oh my goodness! Is that you?! I didn't even recognize you!"

Of course it's me. I look the same. Totally recognizable.
Regardless, do you know how good that felt?!

Later I saw her again and we chatted for a few minutes. She again remarked how she always thought I was so pretty but now I look downright stunning. Ok lady, feel free to just keep on talking, this feels pretty damn awesome.

Thankfully my weight was down today in an acceptable range for my psyche but I'm still geared up to lose 10 more lbs. before my birthday. I ate well all weekend, have upped my water again and plan to be at the gym tomorrow morning for my first Zumba class. I plan to look smokin' by my birthday. I'm ready, I'm motivated, bring it! That picture above? I've posted it before. It's my birthday last year. Trust me when I say I won't be looking like that nor feeling extremely shamed and self conscious when I go out celebrating this year.

Tonight: It's apple butter making & canning time. Last year Anisa & I learned together. This year I'm teaching Katie & Brooke. I'll have an entire circle of Martha Stewart-wannabe friends before I know it. Hairbows are next, Brooke!

;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I lived closer! I'm Martha-wanna-be. But maybe more on the jailbird level.

Lauren said...

I agree with Ellisa :) I want to be there for bow making!!! You look amazing!