Friday, January 9, 2009

random, you want random?!


My dad doesn't like it when I don't update my blog regularly. He assumes I must be at the bottom of the stairs in the basement, calling out for help, no one hearing my cries of despair. My 2 littlest boys never even looked up from Dora when I nearly severed my finger with a Cutco knife & an avacado a few years ago. Blood spray on the floor, walls & ceiling (no lie, its still on ceiling) and no one batted an eyelash at my screams of agony. Hmmm, wondering how I often feel ignored in this family, there's a clue. But no dad, I'm not hurt and nothings wrong but I am hungry. How's about you make me a sandwich? I've got about 4 kinds of mustard here.

So I'm updating my blog. But I have nothing witty to say! This week has been mundane at best. Wilson(6) started gymnastics this week. Luckily, and surprisingly, the class was split right down the middle; 4 girls, 4 boys. I knew he'd have a better time if there were some boys in the class. Nah, he'd probably have more fun if it was 7 girls plus him. He's a chick magnet like that, who am I kidding. He needed an afternoon activity to run off some of his winter-cabin-fever-spaz-energy, this class kind of fell in my lap, the schedule worked so we ran with it. He loves it. Keeping Everly out of the play/gym area was hell but the gym coordinator offered me a pass for 'open gym' for her while Wilson is in class. No, I take that back - she offered to sell me a pass for open gym. Anything for my precious little darlings, right?!

Last night I had Garth bring home take-out for the kids. I told him I wanted him to take me out to dinner, I wanted it to be healthy (remotely) and then I wanted to go to the mall shopping for a few items. He happily obliged and it was nice to get out of the house for a couple of hours with him, ALONE.

We entered the mall through Bed, Bath & Beyond and I kicked myself for not having a 20% off coupon with me as we immediately saw Snuggies for $14.99 - yet another As Seen on TV item I desire to covet (I'm always cold!). This time I actually want it, unlike the Bendaroos - which were a JOKE desire & are an extremely dumb product.

My mom passed the As Seen on TV gene onto me. Most are THE dumbest products but some actually do what they claim! My PedEgg? That thing is SWEET! I kid you not, my feet are smoother right now than any pedicurist has ever gotten them. I went to town with that thing to the point of my feet being sore the next day but damn they're smooth now. My AquaGlobes? ROCK. Great conversation piece too. Everyone knows what it is, asks about it and seems genuinely amazed that someone actually owns one of them. Genius!

Wow, I'm really making myself sound White Trashy here. I assure you I'm not. Well sort of maybe. I'm not a hillbilly although our house looks like the Clampetts decorated it. I'm not backwoods even though one of my favorite foods is pickled bologna. My saving grace is that I think Mountain Dew is sick. It's probably saved a few of my teeth not liking the stuff too. Gross. I've actually never had a cavity in my life (new random fact for ya) - so I suppose that tosses me right out of White Trashville right on that fact alone. Yes? Oh please say yes.

See, Dad? I started typing this morning with nothing to say and here I am rambling on & on with my fingers typing a smooth 81wpm. Before I entered that 81wpm fact, I actually checked myself on TypingTest. I'm just anal-retentive enough to do that (another random fact). I took it 3 times and my lowest score was a 77wpm. I may suck at putting on makeup and doing my hair but damn, I can type like a MoFo.

My smallest darling is stirring awake so my blogging moments are drawing to an end this morning. Hopefully something exciting (good exciting, not bad exciting) will happen soon so that I'll actually have something of interest to say, err type.

Aren't ya happy now knowing I'm not hurt at the bottom of my basement stairs? Or maybe now you wish I was.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the random facts. And the ASOT product reviews. Always appreciated. I knew I read this blog for a reason. ;)

Gene said...

I love reading you blogs, they give me my laugh for the day, and as for the Peg egg, i am going to try it, as I have the worst feet and heals on the earth LOL, (just ask my hubby)LOL. Love Mom K.

Jen said...

Love your randomness and glad to hear you are not at the bottom of the steps!

Lauren said...

I second the pedegg that thing ROCKS!! I keep saying I want the snuggling thing too because I am too always freakin cold!! And I know my friend got me one for xmas we've yet to do xmas so I'll have to give you the reviews on that one.

thanks for making me laugh

AKA "Meesh" said...

I'm LOLing all over the place! This was hilarious!!!

My love for you is deepening. In a creepy, stalker way.