Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday, that's my fun day...

I'm over the hump of Tuesday's surgery. Wednesday kinda sucked. Thursday was worse. Yesterday I felt the life slowly coming back to me. Then I cleaned Everly's room top to bottom. Too much, always pushing the envelope... I paid for it by feeling like the dook for the rest of the day.

Today we're cleaning, hopefully napping & slapping paint samples on some walls. I'm ready to move forward with this painting, new furniture & redecorating she-bang that I've been talking about far longer than I actually planned to. I'd have thought we'd be completely done by now. We are some serious procrastinating slackers around here, not good traits to mutually harbor as a married couple.

Tonight we're having friends & their kids over for a casual game night. 8 adults, 8 kids, pizza, appetizers, a little Wii and some board games. I forewarned all the ladies that NO ONE better show up in heels. I may wear jammie pants, it's that casual.

I'm off like a prom dress to dust and do all of the light housework I can muster. Garth & the kids are responsible for the rest. Ahhh now, doesn't that sound great?!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a nice casual Saturday! I hope the plans aren't ruined by the snow.

on a side note, I wish we lived close enough to hang out as families more often!!

Karyn said...

Now I have Manic Monday stuck in my head! Thanks Rissa!!

Kate said...

That sounds like a really nice evening!

Jennifer said...

Hey, I have Manic Monday stuck in my head too now! Glad you are feeling better and you had a nice Saturday!