That said, how in the hell do I remember some random dude's birthday from half a lifetime ago yet I can't remember what I wore yesterday? I even get my wedding anniversary wrong half the time I say it. Geez. I make myself so proud. @@ <---rolling my eyes at myself and my screwed up selective memory.
Yesterday was a good day. The kids were happy with their valentines and candy. I was thrilled with my 'mailed to me' valentine. Yes, Garth mailed my valentines day gift to me because he said he knows how much I like getting mail. I'll admit I was a little perplexed by the gesture but he won big after he explained. In the box were all Bath & Body Works goodies; lotion and moisturing gloves and a cucumber eye thingermerbob I had wanted. I loved it all. We went out to dinner, just the 2 of us, and devoured some sushi. Then Garth went, without complaint, to 2 different stores shoe shopping. A good day for sure.
My in-laws called and thanked me for their valentines - they were thrilled to receive the surprise from the kids in the mail. I also mailed valentines to my sister & her family, my mom & stepdad and my dad & stepmom but never heard a word from any of them as to whether they received them. I'm not sure how I feel about that. :(
Still in the pink valentines day theme, but not really related to valentine's day --
My mother-in-law bought me a pink KitchenAid stand mixer last week. I can't believe I have a KitchenAid - that's SO sweet!! In the past 4 years I've picked up sewing (though I'm not very good), crafting hair bows, decorating cakes and canning. I'm becoming the modern day freakin' Martha Stewart. It makes my mom downright giddy to see this side of me -- the domestic side she'd completely given up on. I can even whip up a few meals on my own in the crock pot these days. I know, I know, I aim high.
Stand back Mama, next year I'm growing my own veggies, mixing them into salsa in my sweet new KitchenAid and then canning them. I think I need a cool, retro apron or old lady kitchen smock or sumpin'. Maybe for Mother's Day....




No comments:
Post a Comment