Saturday, February 23, 2008

saturday evening post.

So its Saturday night, what you doing?

Me? Oh that's easy - same as most Saturday nights.

Here I lay, in my pajamas, in bed at 8:30.

I've gotten so predictable and almost downright boring in my mid-30's. Ahhhh, and it feels so good.

Sometimes I miss the dizzying dancing & bar hopping Saturday nights of my 20's. I don't miss the drama or the regrets of things drunkenly said & done. Oh I still have those Saturday nights -- but now they are just much fewer and way further in-between.

This diet ...err, new lifestyle....has me drinking a lot less alcohol these days which means I choose to stay home even more than I did 3 months ago. I'm pretty sure my liver and shrinking waistline thank me.

Some days I envy my friends with no kids yet. Their freedom, ability to be spontaneous. Their smaller loads of laundry. A revelation I never realized until recently is that most of them actually envy me.

Tonite I will go to bed at a time my grandmother would be proud of, 100% sober. I'm sure there's a handful of girlfriends that will be out, whooping it up without me. Tomorrow I will wake up as some of them are just rolling in, feeling refreshed, my hair won't be smokey and I won't feel like a bear crawled in my mouth, dried up and then died.

There's a trade off to this now routine, sometimes boring life. I figure I'm coming out ahead.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know if you come out ahead. Me...I'm out with my brothers drinking my 3rd beer of the night...I'll have another one. Just for you of course.

**sleep well peaches**

Tiffany said...

I don't miss the Saturday nights too much, I do miss the freedom of them though- that and the laundry, for sure the laundry

Barbie said...

Yeah, ITA with Tiffany. I don't miss the nights out, but I do wish I had the freedom. But, the trade-off is SO worth it, right?