Thursday, May 8, 2008

My ass is whooped.

I'm beat. I've been working out a minimum of 5 days a week for the past 2 weeks and my body is tired. My motivation sure isn't tired though! I'm beginning to think perhaps I AM the Energizer Bunny. Tired? Too bad, keep going. Hungry? Too bad, keep going, you can eat later. Sweat pouring into your eyes? Too bad, buy a wrist sweat band the next time you're (read: Garth) at Meijer. Like I told Brooke & Katie today, if I die due to my surgery, I'll die happy. I really & truly feel that way too. I'll die knowing I fought this battle every freakin' pound at a time and won. Got that? I won! (currently still winning as I'm not done quite yet!). A tad vain? Maybe. But surprise(!), I've never claimed to be otherwise.

I was down another pound today (13 to go before my surgery!) and according to http://www.sparkpeople.com/ I am only 2 lbs off from staying right on my goal line. That's awesome considering I was 5 lbs. off track just a few weeks ago. I stepped up my pace at the gym and I started getting militant again about what goes in my pie hole and I'll be damned, it works.

Another great milestone is coming upon me within the next few days/week. In exactly 2 pounds I'll be able to say I took my BMI from an obese range to the overweight range and back into the HEALTHY range. THAT ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!!

I haven't been to my family doctor since last autumn when I had my last physical. At that appointment he prescribed me Meridia to help me lose weight as I was technically obese, having hip, back & leg issues and he knew my weight was contributing to it. I filled that Meridia script though my gut told me not to when my insurance wouldn't cover it. I took it for 1 month, lost 5 lbs. and never refilled it. It was about a month later that I realized I could lose 5 lbs. a month on my own and didn't need a dang $150 prescription each month to do it. And so the journey began.

I'm secretly excited that the next time I need to go see my Dr. I'll be walking in a completely different person than he saw last. I used to completely dread his scale, wearing light-weight clothing and insisting on taking off my shoes. I don't think I'll hate his scale quite as much the next time I need to go see him. I wonder if he'll think that Meridia was some helluva wonder drug or sumpin'. ;)

No comments: