Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Once in a lifetime events.

Once in a lifetime events only happen, well once in a lifetime. And if there's ever a moment you get to wear a velvet star cornered TAM, pray its just a once in a lifetime event.

I think I should go into stand up comedy.

Last night I was blessed with an invitation to join my friend Tiffany on one of her once in a lifetime occasions. I couldn't be more proud of my girl. She makes me proud to be a strong woman and even more proud to call her a friend.

My "Spiffsters", as I like to call her... (ever since she told me she likes to be called Tiffany and hates all nicknames derived out of Tiffany, I've come up with Tiffy, Spiffy, Spiffster...you name it, I've nicknamed it. That's just the kind of loving friend I am. Love you Spiffy!!!!)... graduated from law school last night. Law school!!!! Law school that she attended while creating & raising 2 children at the same time!!! AMAZING!!! The feat really does amaze me honestly. Truth be told, she looked pretty damn good in that tam too. ;)

Tiffany took the bar a few months ago and has agonized over the wait to find out if she passed. Just a few short days before commencement she got that envelope in the mail that decided her fate. While her worries were deep & her confidence shallow, of course that envelope brought great news. It's inspiring to look back these past few years at how many times she wanted to just throw in the towel but nonetheless, she sucked it up, dried off those tears and never stopped persevering, all the way to the finish line. I'm so proud of my little turtle who never quit the race!


The hour & a half drive back home last night, after midnight, was brutal. I think I closed my eyes on more than one occasion, shook my head fiercely more than a dozen times, turned the air conditioning on to keep me awake, kept the radio on too loud and just kept praying my exit came soon. All that said and done, there is next to nothing that would have kept me away from sharing in Tiffany's special moment. I was so honored to have been asked.

And these quickly becoming infamous trash can pictures? They're not only taken during once in a lifetime moments, but the secret behind them is only shared with my once in a lifetime girls. I love you girls!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the pics!!! So glad to be in the moment with you. Our lil' girl did it. *sob*

Anonymous said...

aaaah I love you girl- so glad that you made it to be there with me. I just stole some of the pics before seeing this- ah well- more mad deep love to go around