Thursday, June 5, 2008

running here, running there, running everywhere.

I haven't been to the gym all week. I haven't gained any weight. For that, I am thankful. I haven't lost any either. I can't say I'm really surprised. It is good to know that if I can't exercise for a few days I do have the ability to maintain and not gain though. I'll take it.

My husband has pneumonia. He sounds like shit. He feels like shit. Its been 6 days now and I hope he gets better soon. I fear he'll cough up at least part of a lung any day now and with just 19 days to go before my surgery, I DON'T WANT IT.

Lacrosse season is officially & finally over. End of season party and all. All good things must come to an end and as much as I actually enjoy the sport, I'm totally fine with waving it goodbye for another year. Bye bye practice 4 days a week & 32 games in a less than 2 month season, bye bye.

W's preschool end-of-year presentation was last night. We watched a dvd highlighting the children & their school year. Our kids sure have grown. Some of the pictures were downright fabulous. I got a copy of it to treasure later. They sang songs, signed songs and presented each family with a large scrapbook highlighting their individual child's year. Someone put a lot of time into these and I'm sure we'll get many years of joy reminiscing over it. I'm so happy they did that.

E pooped in the potty 2 days in a row this week. We have been all over her with praise. She is the type of personality that if she even remotely thinks its someone else's idea she'll resist 110% (I wonder where she gets that from). We're really hyping up her asking us to use the toilet, even if her grabbing herself and saying "pee pee pee pee" isn't the most lady-like approach. Two days ago she pooped on the potty and then peed on the floor. I think something is being lost in translation that we need to keep working on.

There is just a day & a half left of school and then its F-R-E-E-D-O-M for them and freedom for me and the daily trek there & back to preschool. Next year its SCHOOL BUSES for ALL of them! Wahooo!!! It's been 3 long years trekking back and forth and I'm downright elated to give up that duty.

I spent the entire day yesterday getting laundry caught up. Today the pile multiplied by 100 again. I'm back to square one. That 2nd washing machine idea I really pulled for somehow got sidetracked. Or forgotten all together. Or just swept under the rug until I bitch about it again.

Eh, its been a really long week. I'm going to stop being a wet blanket and just call it quits here. Happy Thursday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

goodness woman, you are busy. I hope G'fa feels better soon :(

Jen said...

Don't forget to schedule yourself in there somewhere! I know, easier said than done.

Sounds like a wonderful preschool celebration!

Yay for E!! She's on her way!!

Enjoy the FREEDOM!!! Happy Summer!

Unknown said...

The scrapbooks sound great! I'm jealous. Although I suppose if I were a better mom, I'd just make one myself. Ah well.

Hope Hubby is feeling better soon! real soon.

Why don't you come here and we'll go to my gym and then out for a nice healthy salad and a long talk. (((hugs)))

Lorene said...

Sounds like we need to schedule a MNO or a MNI. Soon very soon!

I hope G feels better fast!

Congrats to E for doing so well with the potty- the whole poop thing is the hardest part I think, so it should be a breeze from here!

YAY for Summer Vacation! WOOHOO!