Saturday, October 18, 2008

FB, oh how I love you.

I love Facebook. A few months ago some creepy ass friends turned me onto it and since then, I've been hooked.

I like MySpace. Never quite loved it but a solid like for sure. There is fun to be had on MySpace, friends to connect & reconnect with, silly comments to be exchanged, but there is something about all the music, layouts & personalization that has left me sometimes feeling that I was actually attempting to channel my inner 16 year old. Not that there's anything wrong my inner 16 year old self - she's cool as hell, at least as cool as my current 34 year old self, perhaps even a little cooler. Just not as refined. Refined. Yeah, that's me.

Now Facebook, that's some fun times. It doesn't feel nearly as juvenile as MySpace and I've reconnected with so many people from my past! High school friends, college friends, my former college BFF/roommate that I parted on bad terms with (we've since realized we were both young, stupid & really sorry for both being so dumb), friends new & old. Quick, easy & fun = that's for me! I love the simplicity of it and the fact that so many people utilize the site. Heck, I've got friends from church on this thing - that's diversity at its finest I tell ya.

I.LOVE.ME.SOME.FACEBOOK!!!

3 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Thank you so much for the comment on my post. I commented back.

Facebook, heh? You're right myspace is juvenile and I was worried I would be doing one more juvenile midlife crisis thing if I signed on to facebook. But, okay... I gotta try it now!

Unknown said...

Yeah, Facebook is insane. I had no idea there was so much to it, y'know? And it IS fun! I will be forever grateful to Karyn for making us do it. Or giving us a reason to, let's put it that way.

The thing I need to remember is that at my work, half the people are on Facebook (they wanted us to to it so we'd be hip with the college kids). Soooo, yeah, while I'm yammering on all day, I'm being seen by everyone from the Dean of the Library on down. LOL!

Oh well!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you like it! it has been so great to connect with you ladies on there!