Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh Wilson.


It's been accused that Wilson (5) is my favorite. Rest assured, he's not. I love them all equally, just in different ways. There's no way you can give birth to 4 different children, each with their own distinctively different personalities and love them all the same - you can love them all equally, but not each for the same reason.

Wilson. Our Spaz. Our Entertainer. Our Wilson. His name fits him. Different, unique, off the beaten path. His personality meshes well with mine. Perhaps we just share the same, endearing, inner-spaz.

Sometimes he can be really funny; other times quite annoying. Something funny the first time just isn't as entertaining the twelfth time. I think this may have been said about me a time or two as well.

This morning he said something that struck me as amazing. His little brain that is usually moving so fast its dizzying, actually stopped, learned something, retained it and then put analytical thought into it. Wilson?! Whoa. To know our little spaz is to understand this is no small feat. His teachers assure me that what we see at home is not what they see at school. Thank goodness. The fact that he knows when & how to reel himself in makes me one relieved mama.

As I sat sipping my morning coffee, praying my boobs don't shrink, Daisy Mae (our cat) started meowing loudly at my feet. I got up to feed her and as I was pouring her vittles into the bowl, Wilson said, "There's your dinner, Daisy! Enjoy! Mmm! Mmm!"

I turned and said, "You mean her breakfast? She's eating her breakfast, like you."

"No, dinner. She's nocturnal so she was up all night. This is her dinner and then she'll go to sleep in a while. That's what you do after dinner."

Wilson?! Dude. I love you, ya smart little spaz.

9 comments:

Danielle said...

That's just awesome. What a cutie that kid is!

Anonymous said...

Did ya name him after the ball in Cast Away?

Marissa said...

@ Christa... we did! Guilty as charged.

The very first present we received for the little guy was a Wilson volleyball. :)

Anonymous said...

w00t!

Lorene said...

I love those pics of Wilson!
What a cute kid!

Unknown said...

LOL! I love your spaz!

Kate said...

Ha! He understands the concept of the night shift. :)

Rebekah Gonzalez said...

"There's no way you can give birth to 4 different children, each with their own distinctively different personalities and love them all the same - you can love them all equally, but not each for the same reason." So SO true! I believe that you can also go through phases where you may love your children and not LIKE them at the same time. I hope you don't mind my drop in :) We parent the same way, If its okay I'd like to visit again.

Marissa said...

In the wise words of the ever-logical Dora the Explorer, "come on, come along, everybody let's go!..

Of course you're welcome here!
"Come On, Vamanos!"