
What do you do when your 12 year old son declares his intentions to to have his birthday dinner at Hooters?
You deny him. Ewww, you're 12.
What do you do when your 13 year old son declares, with a bit more insistence, that he really wants to have his birthday dinner at Hooters?
You deny him. Ewww, Hooters, you're 13. That'd be a no.
What do you do when your now man-child 14 year old son asks politely, with manners, if he could pretty please have his birthday dinner at Hooters?
Fine. I give in. Hooters it is.
Pure excitement & elation. A gift in itself.

I'd never been to a Hooters. I heard its
allegedly a 'family restaurant' but dude, I don't have "new girl" tattooed on my forehead. Everly does, however, have a Hooters tank top that was passed down to her. I figured this would be a good
(read: only) time for her to wear it.



So we went. My sister, brother-in-law, niece, mom, step dad & my brood
(my dad & step mom were out of town) all met up at our local Hooters. I take back my previous "oh hell no" attitude toward Hooters restaurants. Hooters isn't skank. It actually
is quite family friendly, if you can get past the tight tank tops & barely covered asses of the waitresses. This is
my family we're talking about though... we know about tits & ass, its just who we are. My kids never batted an eyelash at the waitresses. Ok, 1 of them did. But he's 14. I'd find it odd if he didn't.
The waitstaff all coddled over our kids. Everyone was more than great. We had excellent service. They fawned all over the birthday boy but in a totally respectful manner. I was impressed. Mama Bear didn't have to pull out her claws, not once, and trust me I was mentally prepared to stand between my boy & any inappropriate funny business. And for the record, my boobs are bigger than any waitress there. Just had to say it, sorry. I wouldn't be true to myself if I didn't state that observation out loud. ;)



The best part of The Boys night? A picture with the Hooters chics? His new fall jacket, cash from his aunt & uncle or the gift card from the grandparents?
Nope. It was receiving his very 1st cell phone, with its full keyboard & text package, from his parents. Hooters girls be damned, at 14, this Mama's still got it over you.

After our meal the kids took over the lobby with the Hooters chics' hula hoops. They had a blast and no one seemed to mind one bit. It really was quite family friendly there and I was happily surprised. The food? Eh, its bar food. I'm pretty sure most people who come to Hooters are coming more for the atmosphere than the food. And I have to say, the atmosphere was quite fun... even perhaps living up to the expectations of being "delightfully tacky, yet unrefined."
8 comments:
Great Birthday dinner...... I must say, my husband at 31, will mostlikley ask for his Birthday dinner at Hooters as well.....
It looks like he had the time of his life!!
What a great mom you are to give your kid exactly what he wanted. I mean, geez, the kid only turns 14 once.
And yes, your boobs are better.
I am fucking LAUGHING. OUT. LOUD. over this whole fucking concept.
I love Princess Everly in the Hooters top; I love that your boobs are better than the waitresses; I love that the extended family came for the festivities. I love the WHOLE. DAMN. THING.
BRAVO, Mama, BRAVO!!!
It looks like he had a great birthday!!!!!! And oh what a mama to take him to Hooters & get him a cell phone!!! :)
I can't say it better then OGK8!
What a rocking birthday!! He'll never forget it!
OMG! I'm totally dying over here! My husband will LOVE this post - I cannot wait to show him - and it will help me to convince him to wait until our son is "of age" as you did! How happy does he look? You gave him the BEST birthday dinner EVER!
Glad you all had such a good time. When we meet remind me to tell you when we went to Hooters with the boys in Florida, it's a cute story.Love Mom K.
Post a Comment