Thursday, January 29, 2009

hibernation mode.

I can't remember if Garth & I watched a show about it or read about it somewhere but if you've never learned the lengths that a bear goes through to prepare his body for hibernation I suggest you google it. It's terribly fascinating to say the least.

Once you know what I'm talking about, know that I have not gone to quite such lengths. But as our state continues to get bombarded with outrageously frigid temperatures and one after another snowdumps this season, I have gone into complete Michigan winter hibernation mode. I find myself continuously laying in bed under a pile of blankets, perusing the internet or watching reality tv... or both simultaneously (yeah yeah Garth, I know I know, that's every season, right?). It's cold even in the house, it's cold in the car, it's arctic cold outside. I'm freezing all the time, my hands feel like ice and every day I find myself daydreaming of the day I own a Snuggie. I'm just sooo cooooold allllll the timeeeee. Brrr.

I don't have much to blog about lately because, quite frankly, I haven't been doing very much. I do start back up with my personal trainer tomorrow so hopefully she can not only whip me back into shape but perhaps wake me up too. :::yawn:::

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

My heart goes out to you, I don't know how you live there in the winter. I am not putting down your state, I am sure it is beautiful, I love snow too...in pictures. We do get snow here, but luckily I live in a place that if we get 8 inches of snow it is a BIG DEAL. :) It is cold here in the winter...not CRAZY cold like there I am sure, but I really do hate the cold, I hate being cold, hate getting out of bed when it is cold. Other people love it, maybe because cold is hot chocolate and snow sleds to them, but here it means fishing frozen ice chunks out of the animals stock tanks, uncomfortable layers of clothes making me feel like the Michelin man and hauling water several times a day. I get it, couldn't agree with you more. I think bears have the right idea! Hang in there....Spring is on the way!

Christine said...

I hear ya! Today was better! I felt as if I *almost* didn't need a jacket!

The Three Little Bears said...

If only I didn't continue to eat like a bear throughout the winter months!