The independence. My ever-dependent baby is being replaced by a stubborn do-it-myself'er.
The constant inquisitiveness. The exploring. The love of learning.
The new-found love of Dora the Explorer. The adoration of music & dancing. The love of laughter, being silly and finding out what makes other people laugh. The discovery of language and communication. The never ending thirst for being read to.
The rare moments between the former baby of the family and his much undesired little sister, playing together, caught on film. For the most part, to our dismay, he avoids her. Kissing her is acid to his lips. But in those rare moments, unprovoked, I know he thinks she's the bees knees, just like I do. She hangs onto his every word and wants to be exactly where he is. I know he thinks its pretty cool having someone look up to him, even if its really annoying at times.
It's not in the posed, formal pictures you take - it's just not there. But when you look at the "outtakes" of pictures you've taken, you can often see the magic of a persons personality shining brightly through. Our family has a lot of "outtakes" ~ perhaps its because none of us are lacking, even remotely, in personality.
Did I mention the screaming?!





2 comments:
<3 LOVE your family and your lil' E <3
love them, each and every one.
When I got home last month I had to tell carlos about the computer drawn booty.
Post a Comment