Friday, March 21, 2008

pushing forward.

Since I blogged yesterday, I've been to the gym twice and had two long afternoon naps. I'm completely wiped out.

I've got to get this insomnia thing figured out. I've never suffered from it before and I'm not sure how much longer I can handle it. My body is so mentally & physically exhausted that I could be so bold as to say I swear I'm pregnant. Sweet mother, what a curve ball that would be if thrown at me - one helluva monkey wrench in my weight loss & plastic surgery plans.

Rest assured, I'm not pregnant. But I sure have that same early-pregnancy exhaustion. I just need a few nights of solid sleep and I know I'll be good to go again. And hopefully get over this weight loss plateau. I'm positive this no sleeping thing isn't helping my body.

I busted butt at the gym this morning, harder than I ever have on my own. Usually the days I see my trainer I get a workout that is far more intense than I tend to push myself on my own. It felt good knowing I really did more than I usually do - I even forced myself to do a handful of exercises/machines that I hate because they are so hard. I had to cut my cardio a few minutes short out of exhaustion but I made up for it in the weight room. I walked to the showers hot, sweaty & simply out of gas.

I'm not giving up on myself yet. I'm no quitter. Never have been and I'm sure as hell not starting now.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I hear you on the exhaustion, I don't know what it is! I am not sleeping well either! As a matter of fact, I fell asleep sitting up at the dining room table!!!

I bet though, once your sleep gets back to normal, you will break through your plateau. Not getting enough sleep can definitely hinder weight loss!

(((HUGS))) You will get through this. There are always sleeping pills, LOL

Lauren said...

I hear you too on the exhaustion. It must be the cold, the snow, the ice, the kids, the lack of sunshine or just plain craziness!!! I've been in bed every night at 9.

((hugs))

Kiddos to you getting to the gym. I am behind and lazy these days!