Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

Easter was a wonderful holiday this year. Our church service was different & unexpected but the message came through loud & clear as to what Easter is truly about.

After church we went to my sisters house for Easter lunch-dinner-constant snacking. I'm sure I ate far too many calories but I sucked it up and cut myself some slack. I did eat a lot of raw veggies rather than lots of other things I'd have rather eaten so it did feel good that perhaps this healthier lifestyle is beginning to stick in my head and will, indeed, become a lifelong behavior.

We had a 130+ egg hunt and all the kids, the 2 youngest girls included, really got into it. E understood the concept of finding those eggs, putting them in her bag and then getting the candy out of them FAR more than I gave her credit for - she did GREAT!

The adults played sequence, euchre and skip-bo while the kids ate candy, played playstation and just flitted about the house. It was really a great day with family - we are all so blessed and take far too much for granted.

A lot of our pictures from yesterday came out really dark and/or blurry and I was so disappointed. I fiddled around with the settings on my camera and think I have it fixed now (at least I hope so!).

I'm so happy to say that when I uploaded the pictures this morning it was the FIRST time in about 5 years that I didn't immediately start self-loathing thinking, "ugh, you are so fat & gross". I looked at the pics and actually smiled, other than the fact that so many were dark & blurry. I thought, "i've still got a ways to go but wow, I look like ME again". I'm proud of myself and that doesn't happen very often.

-23 pounds and counting... :)

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Girl you look GREAT! I can so see it!!! I love the family photo.

Unknown said...

You look great sugar!!!!

Anonymous said...

you look amazing!

Jen said...

You are looking fabulous!!! Beautiful family photo!

Lorene said...

What a beautiful family!
You are looking smokin' hot! Keep up the good work!
HAPPY EASTER!!!!!!