I don't have anything really interesting, funny, dramatic or witty to report. Its been a long, boring week. I like boring, don't get me wrong, my early 20's were filled with more drama than one person needs in a lifetime, I honestly relish boring.This morning I got up as Garth was leaving with all of our male offspring to attend an out of town lacrosse tournament for our oldest. It was just me & the E today so we made the best of it....you know, it basically felt like any other weekday around here. ;)
We got up, got dressed - speaking of, switching E's wardrobe/closet from her winter clothes to all her new spring/summer clothes has been a chore but man, how fun its been putting new clothes on her all week! Anywho... so we got dressed, ate breakfast, packed our bags (her diaper, my gym bag) and off to the gym we went. Like I said, you'd have thought today was a normal weekday, not a Saturday!
I did my cardio and then went in for another new class. This one a lot more low key than my Friday class, it was 45 minutes of stretching. We did use the resistance bands so I'd like to think of it a little bit as toning & stretching but wow, however its classified, it felt great. I hope to attend this class more often. Its not aerobic by any stretch (get it, stretch?!) but it felt good to stretch out all those muscles I'd been working all week long.
Showered, gathered E and we were off to my sisters house. My sisters house, you ask? That's where the complaint comes in. Not with my sister, but with my wardrobe. Last night I went through my entire closet and I kid you not, to go out with my girlfriend Tonia tonite, I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!! I've never had a lot of "going out" clothes as is but what I do have is now either 1) far too big 2) ugly & outdated or 3) far too big AND ugly & outdated. My sister even brought to my attention that a pair of shoes I had considered wearing tonite needed to head to a vintage store or better yet, a landfill, as they were seriously "out". Ugh.
I should have bigger complaints in life but honestly, working hard to shed this weight only to be faced with an entire closet full of clothing that is now 2-3 sizes too big makes a girl feel frumpy as hell. The shirt I envisioned wearing tonite? Looked like a muumuu, just hanging on me. It's almost depressing knowing that it once was too tight. Inner turmoil, who needs enemies?!
My sister, fashionista diva that she is, had a ton of optional outfits laid out for me when I arrived. Down to the necklaces, bracelets, earrings and shoes. I think she forgot I'm allergic to all things metal, and costume jewelry, well that's for other people. Normal people. I wore a sweet necklace of Tonia's once in Chicago. She thought it was sooo hilarious that I had a chain link style bleeding rash around my chest and neck the next day. Yeah, ha ha funny. I should have known better. All in the name of fashion. Ugh.
So the shoes. Oh my sister has shoes. 3 and 4 and 5 inch shoes. Like she always looks so cool when she's accessorized from head to toe, but in her shoes I feel like I'm playing dress up. Like I could actually leave the house in those shoes, yeah right! Not only would I break an ankle sober in them, I'd walk like an injured duck too. I know she means well but I'm just not as hip as my sister. 2.5 inch heels are my max. I have higher but I usually regret wearing them before I even get out of the driveway. I'll have to find my own shoes tonite. Hopefully I have a hip pair I've forgotten about stashed within the recesses of my closet.
I left my sisters house with 4 shirts that all did look pretty cute on me. Considering I had on a total mom-bra that was so not fit for these low-cut shirts, my hair was still wet from the gym, I had on not a stitch of makeup, I'm so incredibly pale right now and my at-least-2-sizes-too-big jeans are strung up with a cinched belt, the shirts still did accentuate the fact that I'm no longer sporting a keg in my midsection.
Someday I'll have a closet full of clothes that fit. For now it's good to know my sisters closet sure comes in handy in a pinch. I guess there truly are bigger things to complain about. ;)






2 comments:
I hope you and toenail have a great time tonight...and I long for your complaints.
at least you don't have to iron for tomorrow ;)
Post a Comment