I learned a lot at the appointment. The recovery is going to be gross, I'm going to regret doing this, that feeling is very normal and yes, that feeling will go away. I'll have drainage tubes for a few weeks and they will be gross. I'll have to collect, weigh and record that drainage. Ewww. I need plastic sheets for my bed and something to cover the seat of my car for the ride home after surgery. I'm still in awe that this is considered out-patient.
Because of herniated abdominal muscles, I had to start wearing a binder before surgery. Why? To push all of my organs back into my body cavity because herniated muscles & very lax skin = guts fall forward. The binder puts everything where it needs to properly be, in preparation for the surgery.<- She somehow makes this thing almost look downright appealing, doesn't she?!
If the binder doesn't feel tight enough to complain about it, its not on tight enough. It doesn't hurt but it sure isn't comfortable either. I'm supposed to wear this thing 24/7 except when showering. Oh my. An upside to this thing is that I lost an inch off my waist from yesterday to today. Hmm, it really does seems to be shoving things where they need to be. Ha! Can't complain about that!!
Under the binder, now and post-surgery, I have to wear a compression shirt. Think Under Armour, and then think 2 sizes too small. I bought a women's XS and to know me you know there isn't a dang thing XS about me. It's not uncomfortable but I do fear its going to be hot this summer with this undershirt, binder and then a regular shirt on top. I'm getting all warm just imagining it.
Like I told Garth yesterday, I chose to do this. I clawed my way to this point. I'm choosing to be tough about it. I'm no puss and I hope to handle the recovery as tough as I can be. I really want to get it done & over with and get back to the gym. I've got a mini-triathlon to be training for! ;)
As excited as I am, I'm also equally nervous. My 2nd (and last!) surgery was scheduled yesterday for September. I'm not even remotely nervous about that one, I anticipate it with great excitement. That recovery should be a piece of cake after this one.
12 more days! 12 more days! 12 more days! YAY!




6 comments:
I am excited, nervous, happy and bunch of things for you hun!!! It won't be easy but from what I've seen and heard it will be WELL WORTH it!!! Enjoy your next 12 days!!! (((((((((hugs)))))))))))
ps I should go buy one of those things and wear it so I can lose inches too! lol
I can't believe how quickly it's coming! I seriously can't wait to see what you look like (once all the drainage and ickiness is over, of course). LOL Less than two weeks! WoooHooo!
That is serously disgusting....
I will have to wait until you are finished wih yours to decide if I want to have it done, LOL!
Good luck!
EEEEEEKKKKK!!! It's coming so fast!!
I'm with Lauren. I think I'll buy a binder too. LOL
Wow, it's almost here. Wahoo!! I'm getting all caught up.....the room switch sounds great. Love the pics of the kids in the tub and ending school. :)
Can you work out wearing your medieval torture clothing, or does that wait now until you are well enough post surgery? I hope it goes smoothly and that your recovery is as easy as possible.
WOW!! Less than 2 weeks away!! How exciting!
And I too would like a binder, maybe we can get a discount for ordering a bunch,LOL!!!
Post a Comment