Friday, June 6, 2008

what is my deal?!

This week has been a whirlwind of schedule upset. Last week wasn't much better. I haven't been to they gym once this week. What the hell?! This isn't like me and I'm not feeling particularly proud of it either. I'm still maintaining within my acceptable 3 lb. range right now, actually down a lb. over yesterday.

My mom retired this week. She is very excited to begin this new chapter of her life. It's been a whirlwind week for her too, to say the least. She came over yesterday to make curtains with a blackout liner behind them for E's room. They look even better than I anticipated. We're going to completely redecorate & rearrange the little boys' room next and I am really looking forward to it. It needs it.

I told myself I'd go to the gym this morning for a 9:15 class. Instead I've now showered, dressed, done my hair and E's still sleeping. Is it because of my upcoming surgery (18 days!!!) that I'm selling myself short this week? Has my mojo simply left the building? Whatever it is, I want my motivation back. It has been a really long week and in hindsight can't really imagine tossing the gym into that mess anyway. With Garth sick and home from work all week, its not just him not getting any sleep - though it seems thats pretty much all he's been doing. I don't blame him but it has made for a really, really long week for me. Last night I semi-awoke with each & every cough and hack, imagining all those germs flying in the air...toward me. I slept rolled up under the blankets praying I don't get his tuberculosis botulism bubonic plague illness that has consumed him.

I'm hoping next week to start Monday, fresh, with our new summer schedule, that definitely involves me going to the gym.

Maybe I'll go this afternoon and just kick myself back into gear. I know there were MANY times this winter that I dragged ass to the gym, kicking & screaming in protest (inwardly, not outwardly!), and once there just made the best of it. I'll never love exercise, of that I can pretty much guarantee, but I do need to start at least doing it again!

Can you read the waffling of my emotions over this?

I'm PMS'ing. I'm off-kilter with my daily/weekly routine. I'm frustrated. My emotions have been all over the place. Most of all, I'm tired. Really, really tired.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I hear ya, girl! It has been one heck of a week over here and my exercise schedule has seriously suffered for it. I did work out at home 3 days this week and should totally be working out right now, but I just can't seem to find the motivation. I need to pack pajamas and dress clothes for my entire family to take down and stay at my Grandma's house tonight. I'll be at the funeral home for the entire evening tonight and then we will all be going to the funeral, tomorrow. It's just so emotionally exhausting, that I can't seem to get myself moving physically. Like you said though, Monday starts a new week, filled with all new possibilites. Let's just plan to kick some serious butt next week and get ourselves back on track. Deal?

Unknown said...

We all have off weeks honey. For one reason or another, we've all been there. I know you'll get back to it soon. ((hugs))

Can't wait to see the boys' new digs!

Lauren said...

I totally know how you feel. I haven't been to the gym in 3 weeks well this week I got there. I got up and ran out the door this morning to go. I feel so much better. Even if you get there for 30 min it's better then none. Good luck hun. You'll get there, you will.